Author Topic: FS Dreamteam Exclude  (Read 4577 times)

VolkerfromGermany

FS Dreamteam Exclude
« on: May 21, 2019, 10:54:07 pm »
Hi !

Just a simple question - where do i have to place the folder at scenery library? above the  airports?

Greetings !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS Dreamteam Exclude
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:50:44 pm »
Just a simple question - where do i have to place the folder at scenery library? above the  airports?

Which is where the installer place it by default so, you can safely assume it's the most correct place, if you really feel the need to move stuff. Exclude files can only exclude what's below them.

VolkerfromGermany

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 04:27:53 pm »
Yes i have to make changes at the scenerylibrary at fsx to bring all at the right order.
The installer of fsdt places the "fsdreamteam exclude" between both airports (klas and klax) exactly at the same order as i have installed it. (first klas, then gsx, then klax)
So i asked myself - could that order be correct?

So i understand you right, that the "exclude" folder have to be ABOVE the airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:35:40 pm »
The installer of fsdt places the "fsdreamteam exclude" between both airports (klas and klax) exactly at the same order as i have installed it. (first klas, then gsx, then klax)So i asked myself - could that order be correct?

It's not really relevant for our airports, since when they come with SODE jetways, they don't contain any jetways you would have to Exclude.

The GSX installer will install the Exclude folder on top of everything, but that's only valid at the time you installed it. If you install something else afterwards, it's normal the Exclude would go down, because we don't have some kind of system that would constantly force-move the Exclude area on top at each simulator restart. I guess it would probably considered very invasive if we did that.

So yes, if you install other sceneries you plan to Exclude their jetways *after* GSX, it's best if you move the Exclude Area on top of them. Note that in P3D4, this is not really necessary, since Exclude files seems to work always from any Layer there so, it's more an FSX issue.

VolkerfromGermany

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 06:44:42 pm »
Okay now i understand that - thanks a lot !!!