Author Topic: Waiting for Other Services after Parking  (Read 3195 times)

downscc

Waiting for Other Services after Parking
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:16:46 pm »
I've experienced this quite a few times, almost every session, where I use GSX marshaller or Safedock to dock the aircraft (NGX or QOTSII) and after shutting down engines I use Ctrl+Shift+F12 to request SODE gate operation and I get the message 'waiting for other services.'  I have no idea what GSX is waiting for.  Parking brakes are set, engines shut down, we're on APU and the only way I can proceed is to Restart Couatl or Reset the position if that option is available.

Any idea what might be holding up services?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Waiting for Other Services after Parking
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:51:38 pm »
Any idea what might be holding up services?

Not but, if GSX is telling you that, it means some services hasn't completed. Maybe the marshaller itself, which will walk away for a while before disappearing, or the docking system, which will turn off 30 seconds after docking.

In any case, the next update will include a small change in this area too: it will tell *which* services is waiting for in the menu, so if this happens again with the next update, it might give you a clue what's GSX is waiting for.

downscc

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:45:56 am »
I look forward to that added feature.

Meanwhile, I note that the waiting for other services does not expire after 30 sec., this status seems to be stuck.  Also note that this only occurs when i select parking while airborne inbound, that if I wait till I am taxing to gate then there is never a waiting for other services state.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 11:18:22 pm »
Meanwhile, I note that the waiting for other services does not expire after 30 sec., this status seems to be stuck. 

That's normal. Only the Marshaller has an automatic expiration of 30 seconds.

Also note that this only occurs when i select parking while airborne inbound, that if I wait till I am taxing to gate then there is never a waiting for other services state

You should have said this before: because it makes for an easier investigation for us. Does it still happen if you choose a "Restart Couatl" during the approach, and then select the Gate immediately after the restart is completed ?

downscc

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 06:44:41 pm »
You should have said this before: because it makes for an easier investigation for us. Does it still happen if you choose a "Restart Couatl" during the approach, and then select the Gate immediately after the restart is completed ?

I mentioned it later because I didn't explore this until after the original post.  On my last four sessions, I always experience waiting for other services if I assign a gate inbound (2) and twice I assign gate after on the ground and do not experience the waiting state.

Next session I will restart couatl on approach and select gate before landing and report.

UPDATE:  I restarted couatl an approach to KATL, below 250/10000 and within 25 nm, then couldn't bring up the Shift+Ctrl+F12 menu for about two minutes after restarting couatl.  When able, I did select a gate while still on approach and airborne.  On parking at the gate I called up the menu to operate the jetways and I got a waiting for other services status.

UPDATE:  Another day and another session. As opposed to last session where I restarted couatl on approach then selected gate and encountered a waiting for services hangup, in this session I reverted to waiting until leaving the active after landing to request parking and all proceeded as expected.  I am confirming a pattern, but why am I only one reporting this repeatable pattern?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:42:40 pm by downscc »

goose66

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 02:32:26 am »
I am seeing the same behavior.  Any ideas?  It would seem that selecting the gate in the air is the culprit.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 03:32:41 am »
I suggest waiting for the upcoming update, since we changed so many things, that it's possible this problem might have been already fixed, possibly in relationship to other issues. After will be released ( should be very close now, most likely before the end of the month ), if it happens again in the same way, we'll surely look at it.