Author Topic: GSX Pushback Icing Conditions at +22C?  (Read 1715 times)

downscc

GSX Pushback Icing Conditions at +22C?
« on: May 07, 2019, 07:51:55 pm »
First pushback and departure from new FB SEQM, elev 7910 ft. On pushback it provided icing conditions message to delay start of engines.  When did elevation change the freezing point?

downscc

Re: GSX Pushback Icing Conditions at +22C?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 05:28:31 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19670.msg137416.html#msg137416

Thanks, but that provides an answer to the 0 - +7C range.  My OAT was +22C.  My solution was to just ignore the pushback icing instructions and I only pass this along to Virtuali to annoy him.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pushback Icing Conditions at +22C?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:08:44 pm »
Thanks, but that provides an answer to the 0 - +7C range.  My OAT was +22C.  My solution was to just ignore the pushback icing instructions and I only pass this along to Virtuali to annoy him.

That explanation provides an answer for all situation, and clearly explains:

- Why this was never a GSX "bug" to begin with, but a problem of Simconnect Metar and the Simconnect temperature variable not agreeing with each other.

- How we'll preventing in the next update, by not trusting the Metar (which, apparently, might not always be reliable, especially with 3rd party weather engines), and using the standard Temp variable to confirm the temperature, and using that one if it doesn't agree with the temperature in the Metar.