Author Topic: Suggestion: Option to Remove AI Aircraft at a Gate / Parking Spot  (Read 2087 times)

sax702

Respectfully suggest a user option to remove any AI aircraft parked at a gate or parking of interest.  For example, either after landing or while near the destination airport, and as part of selecting a gate or parking spot, the pilot would have the option to clear any AI aircraft parked at the gate the pilot would like to park. 

Please ignore this if it has already been suggested and I just couldn't find it.  Appreciate Virtuali's continuous work in improving GSX. 

Best

David

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Suggestion: Option to Remove AI Aircraft at a Gate / Parking Spot
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:56:12 pm »
Good suggestion Dave but as a workaround if you have a paid version of FSUIPC assign a button to TrafficZapper. As you turn into the gate hit that button to remove the Ai.

With UTL a second press is necessary as the program will immediately regenerate the aircraft. But it only does it once.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

sax702

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 06:49:44 pm »
Thank you Ray.  I'm aware of the FSUIPC TrafficZapper feature.  Have the payware FSX version, but haven't purchased P3D's.  I think this would be a good gate-related GSX feature in line with the existing features.  Like you, I use Radar Contact which isn't aware of AI parked at a gate, and as such doesn't have the ability to remove AI from a gate, yet it does allow one to select a destination gate upon starting the program.  Alas, RC won't be updated.  Right now, GSX has the market when it comes to gate operations.  The GSX2 upgrade was an instant upgrade to all the airports with default jetways.  It would be great if we had the feature of selecting a gate and clearing any AI from it. 

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 10:58:59 pm »
I was a "nice guy" on a flight the other night and allowed a plane to turn in front of me shortly after landing and going a short distance on the taxiway on the opposite side of the field from my gate. I called up GSX and selected my gate. It took forever to get there. That AI that I let get in front of me seemed to be taking the same route. Look at that, he's going to the same terminal. Crud! He just took my gate!  :o

I've never had that happen before. In case you are wondering, I couldn't get close enough to the gate for GSX to recognize that I was parked. It wouldn't allow me to call any services for that gate stealing weasel.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 01:30:02 am »
That AI that I let get in front of me seemed to be taking the same route. Look at that, he's going to the same terminal. Crud! He just took my gate! 

That's why GSX has a feature to change the Gate you originally selected, if you are not arrived on it yet. So, if someone steals your original gate, you can just select another one in GSX.