Author Topic: QW787 and GSX2  (Read 3121 times)

tikur.anebesa

QW787 and GSX2
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:48:28 am »
I am trying to use GSX2 after a complete re-install of the latest QW787 release.  I start with a cold and dark state, and when I try to envoke GSX services, it asks for parking brake to be set.....however I am not able to set parking brake while in the cold and dark mode.  I am not sure if this has to do with the latest release of the 787 or if i had somehow removed a GSX file while uninstalling/reinstalling the 787.  Has any one run into this?  If you have and were able to resolve it, how did you do that? 

Thanks,

Tino

Re: QW787 and GSX2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 03:34:02 am »
I am also having this issue with the QW 787. As stated in the QW forum by the dev's, this is a GSX issue due to the "Altitude Freeze".

I am running the original GSX. I do not own V2.

mamush

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:54:44 am »
It needs power,then all is working fine.

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 10:52:28 am »
I am also having this issue with the QW 787. As stated in the QW forum by the dev's, this is a GSX issue due to the "Altitude Freeze".

The problem doesn't obviously anything to do with GSX, and I don't know what they mean with "Altitude Freeze" in relationship to GSX. The ONLY time in which GSX ever freezes the user airplane, is during Pushback, the exact moment the pushback guy says "start at will", and it will be unfrozen back to normal when he says "set parking brakes" at the end of the pushback.

The reason why GSX requires to freeze the airplane while it's pushing it, is to prevent the plane own ground handling would interfere with the pushing.

There are no other cases in which GSX ever freeze the airplane so, it's not possible that the plane would be already frozen when you just start the services.

And of course, GSX sets a custom variable ( L:FSDT_Var_Frozen ), which is set to 1 and 0 when the airplane is frozen/unfrozen (if reading the standard variable wasn't enough), and airplane developers can read it, to do whatever they need to do in case GSX pushing might eventually cause issues to their own custom system simulations.

If the Parking Brake status is not being the detected (so, nothing to do with Freeze, since it's not during Pushback ), the most likely causes are:

- The airplane use a custom variable for the Parking brakes instead of the standard one, so GSX config should be updated with it.

- This custom variable might not have been initialized in the same way when the airplane is started from Cold&Dark

Tino

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 03:52:22 pm »

The problem doesn't obviously anything to do with GSX, and I don't know what they mean with "Altitude Freeze" in relationship to GSX. The ONLY time in which GSX ever freezes the user airplane, is during Pushback, the exact moment the pushback guy says "start at will", and it will be unfrozen back to normal when he says "set parking brakes" at the end of the pushback.

The reason why GSX requires to freeze the airplane while it's pushing it, is to prevent the plane own ground handling would interfere with the pushing.

There are no other cases in which GSX ever freeze the airplane so, it's not possible that the plane would be already frozen when you just start the services.

And of course, GSX sets a custom variable ( L:FSDT_Var_Frozen ), which is set to 1 and 0 when the airplane is frozen/unfrozen (if reading the standard variable wasn't enough), and airplane developers can read it, to do whatever they need to do in case GSX pushing might eventually cause issues to their own custom system simulations.

If the Parking Brake status is not being the detected (so, nothing to do with Freeze, since it's not during Pushback ), the most likely causes are:

- The airplane use a custom variable for the Parking brakes instead of the standard one, so GSX config should be updated with it.

- This custom variable might not have been initialized in the same way when the airplane is started from Cold&Dark

I will go back to them with your answer. Thanks again for the explanation.

Ankh

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:03:00 pm »
I start with a cold and dark state, and when I try to envoke GSX services, it asks for parking brake to be set.....however I am not able to set parking brake while in the cold and dark mode.  I am not sure if this has to do with the latest release of the 787 [...]

Yes, it has to do with the update. As in reality, now the parking brake of the 787 only works if there is any electrical power for the plane available. Means: you have to connect the external ground power or start the APU for the parking brake to work.