Author Topic: Passengers sinking in Jetways  (Read 1939 times)

abueren

Passengers sinking in Jetways
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:27:57 am »
Hello,
I've had the experience on several 3rd party airports that the passengers are not well aligned with the SODE-Jetways provided the Airport maker. Can you give me a hint which parameter of the sode jetways I could play with to improve this?

Thanks
Adrian

Airmaz1

Re: Passengers sinking in Jetways
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 12:38:48 am »
I believe it's the floor height parameter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers sinking in Jetways
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 01:12:07 pm »
Yes, that's the only thing you can play with in 3rd party SODE jetways.

With GSX SODE jetways, we can be 100% precise, since we have two floor heights: one used by SODE to align the jetway to the airplane door, and a separate one used by GSX as a walkable floor for passengers, since they are not exactly the same. But this is an data known to GSX only, which SODE doesn't need or use.

With 3rd party SODE jetways, the separate passenger floor parameter is not available, so we use a standard correction factor of 15-20 cm which will be added to the SODE root floor height parameter, so you won't see the passenger feet under the jetway but, of course, it cannot always be 100% right because:

- Different jetway models might have their floor of varying "thickness" ( the difference between the jetway bottom floor and the walkable floor )

- The root floor height of the 3rd party jetway might not be accurate to begin with.