Author Topic: First time user Gsx  (Read 3669 times)

Jurgen

First time user Gsx
« on: March 08, 2019, 12:22:56 am »
Hello Flightsimmers,

First of all, my apologies to start a new topic. I'm sure it already past here, but I have a problem.

So, a few weeks back I bought Gsx and gsx lvl 2.

After installing the program Gsx, adding manager and Sode, I went to my Fsx Se. And I came to the conclusion that my ground vehicles are invisible. The only thing I see is the blue/yellow circles and arrows above the selected vehicles.

Can someone give a step by step explanation on how to try and solve this ? Please.

My video card is updated. So, that's fine. The weird thing is though, when I run P3d v4. The program works flawlessly. So the issue lies with Fsx.

What do I uninstall, reinstall afterwards and where do I install it to ?

Kind regards from a Belgian flight simmer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First time user Gsx
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 01:04:23 pm »
After installing the program Gsx, adding manager and Sode, I went to my Fsx Se. And I came to the conclusion that my ground vehicles are invisible. The only thing I see is the blue/yellow circles and arrows above the selected vehicles.

You mean "when I'm editing a scenery", because that would be the only time when you are supposed to see the circles and arrows on the selected vehicles. That's not necessarily a problem: the visible vehicles depends on the airplane used. If you use an airplane that is either not configured, or that has no doors high enough to require a service vehicle, you might not see a single vehicle, but you can still customize the positions, which will be used by vehicles when using more suitable airplanes.

Jurgen

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 01:52:31 pm »
Hey Virtuali,

Thank you very much for the clarifying answer. It helps me a lot. And makes sense also.

Perhaps it's a dumb question. But can I confugure airplanes myself ?
And how do I do it if possible ?

Kind regards
Jurgen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 02:51:46 pm »
I strongly suggest reading the GSX manual first, because all your questions had an answer on it.

Jurgen

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 06:51:15 pm »
Hey Virtuali,

Can I just ask one more thing or a brief explanation please.

When positioning a new gsx jetway, my animated part is transparent and the actual visual jetway is rotated for about 45 degrees.

How could I solve this ? Can you give me a brief explanation or a link to the topic regarding this issue ?

Many thanks.

Kind regards
Jurgen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 10:48:51 pm »
When positioning a new gsx jetway, my animated part is transparent and the actual visual jetway is rotated for about 45 degrees. How could I solve this ? Can you give me a brief explanation or a link to the topic regarding this issue ?

That's obviously not normal, and it's a problem that shouldn't happen. Please be sure you have the "Pause on Task switch" option DISABLED, because it's known to cause that problem.

Jurgen

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 12:03:39 am »
Hi Virtuali,

It's been a couple of days since I wrote you.

I tried the thing you mentioned in your last reply. To turn of Pause on taskswitch. It didn't help.

When I edit a jetway in fsx steam edition, the actual jetway remains on a 90 degree rotation, facing away from the plane.While meanwhile, the animated part of the jetway remains invisible.

I tried different jetway types, other airports. Nothing helps.
The strange thing is when I run p3d v4, Gsx works flawlessly. Fully animated jetways, passengers walking through the jetways.

Can you help me with this ? Any idea what's causing this ?

P.s.The rotating of the airplane on the tarmac is fixed

Many greetz
Jurgen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 05:13:59 pm »
The strange thing is when I run p3d v4, Gsx works flawlessly. Fully animated jetways, passengers walking through the jetways.

There's no difference whatsoever between P3D4 and FSX in the way GSX creates and operate jetways so, the only possible explanation is some kind of problem/setting in your FSX installation.

Jurgen

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 05:54:49 pm »
Hey Virtuali,

I should've mentioned I have a few addons.

Ezca
Pmdg
Raas Pro
Fs Passengers
Active Sky next 2016
And a bunch of planes and missions.

Personally I'm starting to assume and think that Ezca Pro 3.0 is the colprate.

I was thinking of doing a complete uninstall + register cleanup.

Uninstall and reinstall Gsx. Addon Manager and Sode.

Perhaps your thoughts or input on this could maybe help a bit.

Kind regards
Jurgen

Jurgen

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 11:32:27 pm »
Hey Virtuali,

I think I found the answer.

I uninstalled Ezca and Gsx completely. Reinstalled Gsx. But instead of installing the regular Addon Manager, I installed the newest update from it. It worked like a charm. Except for the jetway numbers that don't show, but I'll look into that later.

Then I back stepped and installed the default Addon Manager and the same problem as before, with the 90 degrees rotated jetway happened again.

So, tomorrow I'll uninstall everything, every addon, Fsx Steam, in short the whole bunch. Because I accidentally remover some of my cancers
 😂😊 And do a completely fresh install of everything.

I also deleted every joystick assignment from Slew mode. Except for Slew ( pan ) with the hat switch. So that took care of the spinning on the tarmac issue.

Hopefully it will all be solved by the end of the day tomorrow or evening.
I'm eagered and full of excitement to start flying again.

But I'll keep you posted.

Thank for all the help so far. You've been a great help. For me any how.

Kind regards and much gratitude
Jurgen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 04:11:40 pm »
Then I back stepped and installed the default Addon Manager and the same problem as before, with the 90 degrees rotated jetway happened again.

Why you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, when the web page says is no longer required, and you already had everything working normally ? The Stand-Alone Addon Manager is no longer requires, since the Live Update can do a much better job of updating every single file from FSDT you have installed.