Author Topic: Couatl & XPOI Missing... Help!!!  (Read 5969 times)

JamesChams

Couatl & XPOI Missing... Help!!!
« on: July 24, 2009, 12:45:24 am »
Virtuali,

I just installed the KFLL v1.2 Update and saw this...
(See Pic: FSDT_NO_Scnry_ERROR.jpg)

Re-installed Stand alone ADD-ON Manager, rebooted, and no luck.
So, I uninstalled XPOI with Couatl and ADM and rebooted to tried again; No Luck.
Re-installed XPOI v1.5.3 and KFLL v1.2 (Full installer); Still No Luck.

Help!!!  :'(

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:44:35 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coult & XPOI Missing... Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 01:00:33 am »
The supposed version mismatch it's not a problem, the title bar it's just a string, it doesn't "read" the verison number from anywhere so, it's simply a string that hasn't been updated, but that's just a cosmetic thing, what matters is the real version number. However, the Addon Manager is not a problem.

It seems some error has happened in Couatl, is running, but it has stopped for some reason.

Can you check if you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and post its content ?

JamesChams

Re: Couatl & XPOI Missing... Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:17:48 am »
The supposed version mismatch it's not a problem, the title bar it's just a string, it doesn't "read" the verison number from anywhere so, it's simply a string that hasn't been updated, but that's just a cosmetic thing, what matters is the real version number. However, the Addon Manager is not a problem.
I knew that; just wanted to alert you to it.   ;)

It seems some error has happened in Couatl, is running, but it has stopped for some reason.

Can you check if you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and post its content ?
Yes, here (Attached)...

Code: [Select]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 32, in loadAddons
IndexError: list index out of range

Ciao!  :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:23:33 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:31 pm »
Hello James,

Have you run some kind of registry cleaner program ? Because, it looks like you lost your serial number, not the whole key, just the serial in the registry went blank, which shouldn't normally happened.

This confused Couatl, we already fixed the issue so, Couatl will continue now, but in your case, it would revert to Trial mode.

You can get the current version by running again the stand-alone Addon Manager (or any of our installers), that will fetch the fixed executable, that is online already.

However, it would be interesting to know why, you lost your serial number in the first place...

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:27:02 pm »
...However, it would be interesting to know why, you lost your serial number in the first place...
Virtuali,
I can answer that; But, first Thank you (Gracie!) for getting this fixed so quickly.  8)  

Ok, here's what happened (briefly)...

I cloned my RAID HDD's using Norton's Ghost to another set of RAID HDD's.  After that, Vista no longer showed my DVD drive in Windows and MS Flight Sim X needed re-activation.  Symantec Tech support told me about the registry modifying tool that would fix the "Vista NO Longer seeing DVD/CD Drive" issue and after I ran it, it fixed that issue.

Next, I moved on to resolving my issues with FSX.  I re-activated my FSX including all the reactivation requests from Cloud9's (Your) ENBR X, Orlando X, etc.  However, I got a message from your "Esellerate" saying that my XPOI key was returned.  I, though, that I re-purchased this key too but, must have forgot.  So, I manually removed the XPOI Reg Key (as per your previous instructions in previous PM's) and it worked fine; with the exception of a stupid dialogue message which states that I had an "Invalid Key" when I first load FSX; most likely due to the Cloning.  So, I decided to Call MS for tech support on that too.  They told me it was most probably from one of my addon's.  But, it is from their Vista Security check which might only be resolved by a complete re-installation of FSX or another clone of the HDD's.  Then, after all those issues were resolved, I installed the KFLL v1.2 update which resulted in the issues above (No Buildings, no Coualt, & no XPOI) happening.  Hope this explains everything.  And, If you have any advise about how I can request a re-activation of FSX using a commandline switch to try and re-activate it over again (without re-cloning), that would be most helpful.

Finally, I downloaded and successfully Installed the latest Add-on Manager this morning before I left for work.  I will have to wait till I return home to see if it works in FSX (simply didn't have enough time to do that this morning).  

Gracie again & Ciao!  :)  

Here is the Invalid Key Error I still see...  :'( Help!!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:05:57 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 04:51:30 am »
Virtuali,

I'm afraid it only worked partially... please see the pic below for yourself.  Help!!! :'(
Nevermind  :P :-[ ; I reinstalled KFLL and rebooted and everything is back to normal.  ;D

YOU'VE FIXED IT 100% - GRACIE  8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:28:14 pm by virtuali »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams