Author Topic: SODE Unavailable at one gate only at KSAN  (Read 2978 times)

triflyman

SODE Unavailable at one gate only at KSAN
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:29:33 pm »
In P3D V4.4...updated the ORBX KSAN and changed 2 gates (3 & 24) to GSX V2 gates so I could see the people board (great addition to GSX).  Flew a few flights out of Gate 3 and worked perfectly.  Flew one flight out of Gate 24 which also worked.  Upon the return flight to KSAN, Gate 24 would not work...received the message "SODE not connected", "[GSX] SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate".
The other, default ORBX SODE jetways I could see were animating on their AI aircraft and SODE itself said it was working (in the SODE menu).  Went back to Gate 3 and it worked fine.  Went back to gate 24, same message again.

Did a couple of re-starts but no change.

Thanks for you help to fix.
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE Unavailable at one gate only at KSAN
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:36:58 pm »
In P3D V4.4...updated the ORBX KSAN and changed 2 gates (3 & 24) to GSX V2 gates so I could see the people board (great addition to GSX).

If you only wanted to see people, there wasn't any need to do that, because GSX L2 passengers will work with every SODE jetway, not just GSX ones.

The other, default ORBX SODE jetways I could see were animating on their AI aircraft and SODE itself said it was working (in the SODE menu).  Went back to Gate 3 and it worked fine.  Went back to gate 24, same message again.

Have you tested with the GSX editor if the jetway you placed there worked, using the 5 key of the NumPad ?

triflyman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 05:14:40 am »
Thanks...I’ll try the editor when I get home next week.

Not sure I understand comment about seeing the people...the Orbx jetways are solid steel, so if the people are walking through them and I’m in the flight deck how would I see them?  Am I missing something here?
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:39:48 am »
the Orbx jetways are solid steel, so if the people are walking through them and I’m in the flight deck how would I see them?

You can see them by using one of the several 3rd party camera utilities that would let you place cameras freely. In the next update, we'll have custom cameras placed automatically by GSX as well.

triflyman

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:22 pm »
Did as you requested and with the Num 5 key got a message that said the jetway "...doesn't resolve with any door."  Took the aircraft back over to Gate 3 (the working jetway) and hit Num 5 and gat a message that said the jetway"...resolved with Main Passenger Door."  So I guess that's the problem...how do I fix?

Thanks,
Garry

triflyman

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 04:35:27 am »
Found the other topics related to this "resolve" issue.  Have been working on moving/changing things as suggested but so far no luck.  Going to try another gate tomorrow and see what happens.
Garry

triflyman

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 11:08:06 pm »
Gave up on Gate 24...don't know why it worked the first time but nothing I did made it work again.  Tried Gate 18...same issue.  Went through the drill again of moving the aircraft forward and back, swinging the jetway, adding and deleting a bridge, trying different styles of jetways...nothing worked.  Tried another gate, #16 and it works perfectly.

So can't say why the other two won't work.  At least now I know to use the Num. 5 key to test...missed that when I read the manual.

Thanks,
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 09:24:46 pm »
Went through the drill again of moving the aircraft forward and back, swinging the jetway, adding and deleting a bridge, trying different styles of jetways...nothing worked.  Tried another gate, #16 and it works perfectly.

Try different jetway sizes.