Author Topic: Boarding time per passenger  (Read 2751 times)

ajcbakker

Boarding time per passenger
« on: January 22, 2019, 05:09:59 pm »
Dear sir/madam,

I use GSX for a long time now. I did not bought the Level 2 expansion. I detected that the option to change the boarding time per passenger is no longer available in the GSX settings. Instead there is now a possibility to change the density. Is this the correct (new)behaviour in the application or is there another cause of this issue?

Kind regards,
Alje Bakker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding time per passenger
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:14:47 pm »
Instead there is now a possibility to change the density. Is this the correct (new)behaviour in the application or is there another cause of this issue?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19189.msg133222.html#msg133222

ajcbakker

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:30:53 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Thanks for your response. However it is not perfectly clear to me at this moment. As stated before I did not activate the Level 2 expansion. In the GSX Control Panel I ticked the "disable default jetways" so I have the GSX jetways enabled. When I parked the PMDG 777 at a heavy gate in KDEN (Flightbeam) I only can change the density setting in the GSX settings. In my opinion only when GSX Level 2 expansion is active then the boarding/deboarding settings are controlled by the density setting. So I assumed that in this case (KDEN) the option to change the boarding time per passenger should be available again; certainly because this scenery is not a FSDT scenery. But no; that option is not available anymore. I am running on P3D 4.4. I am a little bit confused about what the right behaviour should be of the application. Till now I have read a lot of threads about this issue but as said earlier it is not perfectly clear to me. Please help.

Kind regards,
Alje Bakker

ajcbakker

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 02:10:28 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Did you have had the time to read my last post about this issue?
May I have an answer from you please?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Alje Bakker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 12:14:14 am »
In my opinion only when GSX Level 2 expansion is active then the boarding/deboarding settings are controlled by the density setting

I agree, in fact it's a shortcoming of the user interface, which should change depending if GSX L2 is activate or not, but the timing should still be accessible from the Couatladdons.ini file, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19994.msg137569.html#msg137569

We'll try to see if it's possible to find the time to have the UI change depending on the GSX L2 activation status, which is also related to the airport ( on FSDT airports is always active, regardless if you bought it or not), but it's not necessarily related to your choice of jetways. For example, you might have decided to restore the default jetways for performance reasons, but wanted to keep the passengers when using a Bus.

ajcbakker

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Many thanks for your response. Everything is clear to me now. I really appreciate the effort you want to make to see if it is possible to find the time to change the UI depending on the GSX L2 activation status. I am really looking forward to it.
Many thanks Umberto and kind regards,

Alje Bakker