Author Topic: After updating to 4.4: CTD when GSX window has to be displayed **SOLVED**  (Read 1661 times)

MatzeH84

I updated from 4.3 to 4.4 today after swapping my GPU for a new one. Before everything worked fine.

Now I get an instant CTD as soon as a window has to be displayed. This may be the GSX menu, or even when trying to check for Couatl updates from within the sim. It happens with standard and addon airplanes on any airport.
I tried to update (none available), and even a complete GSX reinstall.. the issue remains.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:53:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After updating to 4.4: CTD when GSX window has to be displayed
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:16:26 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX so, clearly, a GSX reinstall won't fix anything.

What you refer as the "GSX menu", is in fact the standard Simconnect menu, shared by all application that have a menu, and they don't have any control over it (other than listing which entries it should have) so, to confirm the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, you can try another app that use the same menu, for example SODE. Press TAB+S and see if the SODE menu appears.

The usual reason why the menu has problem, is updating P3D using the Client only. Try to update using either the Full installer, or the Content installer.

MatzeH84

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:40:24 am »
SODE window crashes it also indeed.

However, I updated both Content and Client. Deinstalled 4.3 client then 4.3 content.. installed 4.4 client, then 4.4 content. I will redownload both and try again.

MatzeH84

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 11:08:07 am »
Issue resolved.

What finally worked for me:

-deinstallation of all addons
-deinstallation of P3D
-manual thorough cleaning up of the leftovers
-cleaning registry

-full reinstall