Author Topic: Doors problem  (Read 2597 times)

goggi

Doors problem
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:19:24 pm »
Hello,
I am currently using P3Dv4.4 (recent update), GSX+Expansion Level 2, MCE (latest update), PMDG 737NGX.
For a while, the AutoPilot mode controlled also all relevant doors (L Entry AFT,  both service doors, both cargo doors).
Since a few days (probably after update to v4.4 ?), a problem arose: doors are no more operated by GSX
(but servicing the plane is performed at the correct door positions and all other operations work correctly).

Tests:
1- no actions on my side prior to Pax boarding (but for powering up the NGX);
2- COUATL restarts (several); GSX  updates (several);  MCE 2.7.80 re-installed;
3- MCE OFF, boarding requested manually via GSX menu;
4- Finally, GSX+Expansion 2 re-installed.

In all cases no change, doors require now manual intervention and the refuelling operator does not prompt for the desired quantity any more.
Can you help, please?

Thanks for your help,
Giorgio

sw34669

Re: Doors problem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:34:51 pm »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:23:49 pm »
Since a few days (probably after update to v4.4 ?), a problem arose: doors are no more operated by GSX

GSX NEVER operates any doors.

Since you have MCE, that's what's really operating the airplane doors so, if anything changed with the latest 4.4 update, it's best to ask MCE developers.

It's of course possible the GSX Auto mode might require updates in 3rd party products that read the GSX status to perform additional operations on the airplane on their own (like closing opening doors) and if you use such addons, you must be sure you don't have enabled the option in GSX to always ignore the door's status when in Auto mode.

And, when you use an airplane that is flagged to use a custom fuel system, it's best you don't use Auto mode, because such airplanes requires you to respect a precise sequence of operations (see the GSX manual for example how to use the Refuel with PMDG), which cannot obviously done in Auto mode, since GSX cannot and won't touch any of your airplane systems.

goggi

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 02:23:19 pm »
Thank you so much for the clarifications, Umberto.
I shall address this issue to MCE; it was not clear to me who does what.
Looking forward to your continuing improvements to an already superb add-on.
(Let me mention, among others, the specific message I posted on 3.12).

Regards,
Giorgio

goggi

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 06:00:07 pm »
Thanks for your reply, I understand.

As a follow up to my further message (January 13th) about jetways floating in the air at some airports (e.g.Marseille LFML), I applied the suggested action with the Parking customisation/Ground elevation button.

It works, but now the jetway moves to the AFT door (737NGX) through the left wing, and the service stairs move to the same door colliding with the jetway.
Note that the baggage loading performs correctly, indicating that the default aircraft position is OK.

Suggestion? Thanks,
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:16:22 pm »
It works, but now the jetway moves to the AFT door (737NGX) through the left wing, and the service stairs move to the same door colliding with the jetway.  Note that the baggage loading performs correctly, indicating that the default aircraft position is OK.

The baggage loader will work in any position so, fact it works, doesn't indicate the airplane is positioned properly.

If the jetway can only solve on the rear door, it's an indication the airplane is parked too far ahead, so you might be able to fix it by moving the Stop position back, and use the TEST function of the GSX editor on the jetway, which will tell you which doors can be solved.

If that's not enough, maybe the problem the default jetway, on that parking, is too LONG, so it can reach the read door, but not the front one. In this case, you might have to replace it with a shorter model.

goggi

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 06:17:55 pm »
Ok, thanks for the fast turnaround, will try it.
Regards,
Giorgio