Author Topic: GSX+Expansion2 suggestions/requests  (Read 1266 times)

goggi

GSX+Expansion2 suggestions/requests
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:06:23 am »
Hello, Umberto
I am running GSX v. 2.5.0.11, with Level 2 Expansion and PMDG 737NGX.
I find the “Assistance Services Auto Mode” option to be an excellent solution. Together with Expansion 2, it greatly enhances the ease of use of GSX.
I have two suggestions for new features:

1- as proposed by” bundi” (Oct 30, 2018), it would be nice to enable/disable the pilots/crew boarding the airplane.

2- In connection with (1) above, it would be more realistic to change the sequence, with passengers boarding AFTER catering and refueling.
It will allow time for the pilots/crew to prepare the aircraft during the servicing operations, as in real life, thus reducing waiting times.

3- The menu command sequence for the jetway(s) is somewhat clumsy. Trying to automate it via MCE is even worse.
I hope this can be simplified: since the old CTRL-J shortcut was perfect, could it (or something similar) be restored, at least for those using a single jetway?

4- In some situations, vehicles (catering, fuel or baggage carts) collide. They cross each other or the wing tip.

Thank you for this outstanding piece of simulation!
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX+Expansion2 suggestions/requests
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:14:59 pm »
1- as proposed by” bundi” (Oct 30, 2018), it would be nice to enable/disable the pilots/crew boarding the airplane.

This has been discussed and answered so many times. Yes, we'll add the crew as a separate boarding option in a future update.

[qipte]2- In connection with (1) above, it would be more realistic to change the sequence, with passengers boarding AFTER catering and refueling. [/quote]

It should be already like this, we'll look into it.

3- The menu command sequence for the jetway(s) is somewhat clumsy. Trying to automate it via MCE is even worse.

If you use multiple SODE jetways, that's the only way of controlling them.

I hope this can be simplified: since the old CTRL-J shortcut was perfect, could it (or something similar) be restored, at least for those using a single jetway?

The issue is precisely MCE: if we changed the menu depending if the jetways are multiple or single, it will confuse addons that rely on GSX always working in the same way.

[4- In some situations, vehicles (catering, fuel or baggage carts) collide. They cross each other or the wing tip.

When simultaneous servicing wasn't available, this was precisely the reason WHY we didn't allowed some services to run at the same time. Now we do, because users asked for it, and we tried to prevent some of the obvious clashes, but it's impossible to prevent all of them, since vehicles are not much aware of each other at every time (it will put a lot of strain on the simulation if we tried doing that), so the only way to prevent this is either not using Auto Mode and call the services in a different order and/or trying to play with the customization page to change the vehicles startup positions.