Author Topic: Passengers jetway problem.  (Read 3908 times)

Airmaz1

Passengers jetway problem.
« on: December 02, 2018, 08:25:05 pm »
Hi guys.

Loving GSX level 2, however got a little problem that i would like help with, Boarding passenger at ENVA aka Trondheim made by Aerosoft, the airport comes with its own SODE jetways, during boarding the passengers will spawn inside the jet way and walk onto the aircraft, problem is that they spawn too high and are sticking out the top of the jet way, Im using the PMDG 737 800.

Risky

Re: Passengers jetway problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:37:07 pm »
Tell them to crouch?  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:55:34 pm »
That might be related in the way such jetways are made. GSX gets the jetway floor height from SODE itself, but it cannot possibly know if it's correct or not.

Airmaz1

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 12:06:03 am »
That might be related in the way such jetways are made. GSX gets the jetway floor height from SODE itself, but it cannot possibly know if it's correct or not.

Thank you for the reply.

Would it be possible in the future to add an option to turn off Visible passengers for particular gates for when this problem arises or make their spawn height adjustable?

(Edit, I wonder if i replace with the GSX jet ways it might work better)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 12:04:12 pm »
Would it be possible in the future to add an option to turn off Visible passengers for particular gates for when this problem arises or make their spawn height adjustable?

That might be possible.

Of course they will work better, we tested all our jetways to be correct.

And, we have an additional parameter in our jetways that standard SODE doesn't provide to developers, to specify the "walking" floor height as a separate parameter to the "root" floor height ( to simulate the floor thickness ), that on 3rd party SODE jetways we must just guess, by adding a standard offset of about 20 cm. This can be possibly added to the parking configuration.

Airmaz1

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 01:39:32 pm »

That might be possible.

Of course they will work better, we tested all our jetways to be correct.

And, we have an additional parameter in our jetways that standard SODE doesn't provide to developers, to specify the "walking" floor height as a separate parameter to the "root" floor height ( to simulate the floor thickness ), that on 3rd party SODE jetways we must just guess, by adding a standard offset of about 20 cm. This can be possibly added to the parking configuration.

Excellent, I'll have a good read of the manual and have a go at replacing them.

Thanks again.

Airmaz1

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 02:51:35 pm »
Ok I've replaced all the default Ctrl+J Jet ways at my EGPH (Edinburgh) and replaced with the lovely GSX sode jets ways, however moving on to ENVA where i'm having the problem according to the manual you can only replace CTL+J jets ways but not sode jet ways from what i understand, or have i missed anything?

on 3rd party SODE jetways we must just guess, by adding a standard offset of about 20 cm. This can be possibly added to the parking configuration.

This would be a perfect solution!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 01:45:49 pm »
according to the manual you can only replace CTL+J jets ways but not sode jet ways from what i understand, or have i missed anything?

Well, by default, we don't allow to easily replace SODE jetways, since we assume they are already supposed to be the best possible option. However, you can still do that, by removing the SODE XML file that comes with that scenery, to be found under C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\XML

However, you must be careful doing this, because the scenery might need that file to create other objects with SODE and in that case, rather than just removing the XML file, you should edit it to remove just the jetways, otherwise you'll have missing objects in the scenery. If the scenery use SODE just for jetways, then it's safe to remove the file.

Airmaz1

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »
Ok thanks for thew heads up, I think I'll leave it for now, hope you do add the spawn height adjustment to the parking configuration.