Author Topic: How to disable GSX Expansion  (Read 8169 times)

efpg0708

How to disable GSX Expansion
« on: November 30, 2018, 06:03:29 am »
Hi Umberto

How can I disable GSX Level 2 expansion ? GSX "level 1" without simulating passengers worked much better for me with the time settings working for all kinds of parking (no jetways, sode, bgl, static ...) When I de-activate it on the addon manager, it remains on trial mode ...

Thanks

Eduardo

CaptKornDog

Re: How to disable GSX Expansion
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:08:23 pm »
I'd be curious as well....particularly if there's a way to disable animated passengers for the boarding/deboarding.

Airmaz1

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:31:07 pm »
I'd be curious as well....particularly if there's a way to disable animated passengers for the boarding/deboarding.

To expand on this question, is there away to disable animated passengers at particular times?, for example at gates with jet ways with no glass or if im having problems with their path finding , i would like to disable them at that gate but still have them appear at gates where they haven't been disabled.

efpg0708

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:19:33 pm »
Hi guys

IMO, since GSX Expansion is sold as a separate product, I should be able to keep using GSX (version 1) if I want to, which seems to not be possible, since the installer has both products. Even when I enter my GSX (v1) license key, GSX Expansion remains in trial mode. Unfortunately I didn't like the new version so I want to keep using the old one.

Thanks

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 01:43:38 pm »
You are asking many entirely different things here:

- Disabling the whole GSX Level 2 expansion, which does TWO things: passengers and SODE jetways.

This can be done by Deactivating Level 2 in the Addon Manager, which will revert it to Trial mode AND by restoring the default jetways in the GSX Control Panel, so you'll remove SODE jetways everywhere.

- Disabling just the passengers, momentarily, for a single sessions. This can be done by disabling the Estimate Passengers number, and tell GSX you have 0 passengers.

- Disabling just the passengers, forever, but keeping SODE jetways. This cannot be done at this time, we'll have to provide a specific configuration option.

In any case, saying "I didn't like the new version" and asking how to revert to the previous one, is not helping anybody. What you should do, instead, is telling precisely WHAT you don't "like" about passengers, and we'll try to fix it (if it makes sense), since passengers clearly exists in real life...

efpg0708

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 05:03:08 pm »

In any case, saying "I didn't like the new version" and asking how to revert to the previous one, is not helping anybody. What you should do, instead, is telling precisely WHAT you don't "like" about passengers, and we'll try to fix it (if it makes sense), since passengers clearly exists in real life...

Umberto,

I'm not trying to be rude, but you have to accept and understand that this is up to the customer. The moment you decide to SELL a product, you have to understand that buyers will have different opinions on it, and they are entitled to it. I love GSX, I think it is one of the best addons ever made, however the old version, which I repeat, is sold as a separate version from the new one, works better for me. So, what you should do, instead of replying the above, is understand that this is a PAYWARE product and different customers will have different opinions on it, and stick to the technical answers like the following, which solves my issue and helps everybody.

- Disabling the whole GSX Level 2 expansion, which does TWO things: passengers and SODE jetways.

This can be done by Deactivating Level 2 in the Addon Manager, which will revert it to Trial mode AND by restoring the default jetways in the GSX Control Panel, so you'll remove SODE jetways everywhere.

- Disabling just the passengers, momentarily, for a single sessions. This can be done by disabling the Estimate Passengers number, and tell GSX you have 0 passengers.

- Disabling just the passengers, forever, but keeping SODE jetways. This cannot be done at this time, we'll have to provide a specific configuration option.

pilot3033

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:58:36 am »

Umberto,

I'm not trying to be rude, but you have to accept and understand that this is up to the customer. The moment you decide to SELL a product, you have to understand that buyers will have different opinions on it, and they are entitled to it. I love GSX, I think it is one of the best addons ever made, however the old version, which I repeat, is sold as a separate version from the new one, works better for me. So, what you should do, instead of replying the above, is understand that this is a PAYWARE product and different customers will have different opinions on it, and stick to the technical answers like the following, which solves my issue and helps everybody.

1) You're not understanding, Umberto wants to know what you don't like that makes you want to revert so he can improve the product

2) you're not entitled to anything except what they advertise for sale

Anders Bermann

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 11:44:52 am »

Umberto,

1) You're not understanding, Umberto wants to know what you don't like that makes you want to revert so he can improve the product

2) you're not entitled to anything except what they advertise for sale

Exactly! Nail on the head! You're not entitled to anything. If you don't like the product (or specific options/features) within set product, you can just stop using it. You (or the Customer, as you so eloquently put it), aren't entitled to special options or installers, which disable specific features within the product! I don't know how you came to that conclusions?!

For instance, I cannot just write to Rockstar Games, and tell them, that I really love GTA V - but I dislike certain parts of the world or features, and they better send me an updated installer, because I bought the software and I'm entitled to customized configurations! Please...

I'm sorry for being so direct, but you bought the software with a certain feature set. Take it or leave it. If the developer is willing to make adjustments on requests, that's purely because of the goodness and generosity. You cannot demand anything and you aren't entitled to anything in this regard.
Best regards, Anders

sw34669

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 04:06:42 pm »
I dont think  you understand whats being said here, its the issue with merging GSX1 and 2 into the same installer. It forces everyone to adopt the new codebase even if they want to stay on GSX1. This subject was discussed at the time on a few other threads.

This is different to all other add-ons and sw I know and it's around the decision you make as a developer of forking or merging code-bases. There are pros and cons for both the dev and the users for either.

I personally like whats been done with GSX2, but anyone that hasnt moved or doesnt want to move should be able to download the older version that they purchased. When Microsoft moved to windows 10 they didnt merge it with 7 and remove all windows 7 downloads from their site.

efpg0708

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 05:34:58 pm »
I dont think  you understand whats being said here, its the issue with merging GSX1 and 2 into the same installer. It forces everyone to adopt the new codebase even if they want to stay on GSX1. This subject was discussed at the time on a few other threads.

Take a look at FSDT page and at Simmmarket. Type in GSX. There are two separate products available: GSX and GSX Expansion. So, if I bought GSX (version 1) and it is still available as a standalone product, am I not entitled to continue using it ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:21:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 02:28:34 pm »
I dont think  you understand whats being said here, its the issue with merging GSX1 and 2 into the same installer. It forces everyone to adopt the new codebase even if they want to stay on GSX1. This subject was discussed at the time on a few other threads.

That's not the case.

Fact that GSX Level 2 exists, doesn't have ANY effect on normal non-Level 2 GSX operations, the only thing that changes is that, by installing GSX, by default Level 2 is in Trial, but as I already explained in my previous answer, it's easy enough to disable the Level 2 Trial, which means going back to default jetways, so GSX will work as if the Level 2 features were never there.

So, I'll repeat it again, in case it's still not clear enough: an user not interested in the Level 2 features, can simply decide not to purchase it, and go to the GSX Control Panel to restore the default jetways and GSX will now run as it always used to be.

This fixes entirely any issue of users not wanting to purchase the expansion, which might be annoyed by the Trial, which disabled all the default jetways and replaced them with SODE jetway which would be static in non Trial airport. The GSX Control Panel has an option to restore default jetways exactly for that reason.

My reply also included additional informations and a request of WHAT the user didn't "like" about GSX Level 2, because he wanted to "go back" to old GSX, after he PURCHASED GSX Level 2. Now, since I couldn't possibly imagine anybody wanting to "go back" to GSX Level 1 after purchasing Level 2, I had to ask what's wrong with it, maybe something wasn't clear enough, or we could change something. But I also added the additional steps required to disable an already purchased Level 2 so, I thought my reply covered everything.

Having clearly explained how to completely get rid of Level 2 (both when in Trial, or after it has been purchased), let's discuss the 2nd part of the issue, which is the supposed "codebase merge"

You cannot possibly know but, all of you have been running the "merged" codebase since more than one year because, of course, we wanted to be sure that adding the expansion won't cause any problems to the base GSX operation. The Level 2 code was just skipped, because the new jetways weren't there, but it was already running, resulting in the SAME situation of someone using the GSX Control Panel to revert to the default jetways.

The main think is being sure of not confusing the updates we made to GSX, like the simultaneous services or the auto mode, which are just GSX updates that would haven been added anyway, with the existence f the Level 2 features, because they are not related in any way.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:17:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 04:25:02 pm »
Take a look at FSDT page and at Simmmarket. Type in GSX. There are two separate products available: GSX and GSX Expansion. So, if I bought GSX (version 1) and it is still available as a standalone product, am I not entitled to continue using it ?

My previous reply explained how you can disable the Level 2 Trial and use the basic product without it.

The one and only exceptions are those FSDT sceneries that has been updated with SODE jetways made with GSX Level 2 (KLAX, JFK, CYVR, etc.) you just cannot decide not to use Level 2 there, because the scenery itself *requires* such jetways, so Level 2 features are active there, regardless if you decide not to use Level 2 elsewhere.

efpg0708

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:30 pm »
Ok ! Thanks for clearing things out Umberto.

Regards

Eduardo

raynuss

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 12:13:05 pm »
So, I'll repeat it again, in case it's still not clear enough: an user not interested in the Level 2 features, can simply decide not to purchase it, and go to the GSX Control Panel to restore the default jetways and GSX will now run as it always used to be.

This is not entirely true. Even though I've restored the default jetways using the GSX control panel, the Level 2 features are still active at the three "trial airports" (KSFO, LIML and EDDM).  I still get visible passengers boarding and deboarding at these airports when my aircraft is parked at a gate where no jetway is available (meaning a gate that requires the passenger bus to transport passengers to and from the aircraft).

The "trial" version of Level 2 was installed when I did a live update to my Level 1 installation of GSX.  I never asked for nor did I intentionally download the trial version and I had no intention of ever downloading it, but it was forced on me by the live update feature of GSX Level 1.

Personally, I don't want the Level 2 expansion or the trial version of Level 2 on my computer because I'm not interested in seeing the passengers or having SODE jetways available at all my gates.  I was perfectly happy with only the GSX Level 1 version.  But now KSFO, LIML and EDDM are forever ruined for me since apparently there is no way to remove (not just disable) the Level 2 trial version.    
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:14:55 pm by raynuss »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 12:22:51 pm »
Personally, I don't want the Level 2 expansion or the trial version of Level 2 on my computer because I'm not interested in seeing the passengers or having SODE jetways available at all my gates.  I was perfectly happy with only the GSX Level 1 version.  But now KSFO, LIML and EDDM are forever ruined for me since apparently there is no way to remove (not just disable) the Level 2 trial version.  

Regardless of the fact you want the expansion or not, we still require the whole of the Level 2 FILES to be installed, because we need it for OUR sceneries, so you really have no saying in what we include in our installer, and it's obviously more efficient to include all the addon jetways set in ONE installer (GSX one), rather than replicating it over and over in all our sceneries installers.

So yes, they will still work in the 3 Trial airports at those gate with no jetways, which you can fix it in one of the following ways:

- disable the Passenger Bus in those parkings

AND/OR

- disable the "Estimate passenger number" and always reply 0 passengers at such parkings, so no passengers will come.