Author Topic: GSX level 2 boarding time  (Read 2632 times)

Ginja-ninja26

GSX level 2 boarding time
« on: November 21, 2018, 12:58:22 pm »
the boarding time for level 2 i had it perfect but after a live update at some point it has broken something.  for example a 747 with 575pax on board should not take less than a minute to load, even when the slider is set on sparse in the settings.  when i request boarding the PAX numbers telling me how many is loaded always starts with 10 then 70 then jumps to 130 and so on so on even when i have the slider on sparse ( which i used to have it set on normal and it was fine ) i've reinstalled the product and ran the live update just to make sure but still stuck with this issue, possibly a bug.

any suggestions? anybody else experiencing this?

thanks.

msurtees

Re: GSX level 2 boarding time
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:05:13 pm »
Same issue for me.   737 is always 139 passengers.  If I set prefs to "Sparse" it doesn't change the number.

Any ideas?

Thanks...Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »
First, the Passenger density doesn't have ANY effect on the number of passengers, because that's always the same, and it's calculated based on the airplane weight and can be overwritten if the "Estimate Passenger Number" option is disabled.

The density affects ONLY the number of people visible on screen at the same time, with the Sparse setting they are more spaced apart so, obviously, they will take LONGER to board but, it's always the same number.

About the number going up very quickly, as explained so many times on the forum, it's because passengers are only simulated if:

1) The gate doesn't have a SODE jetway or a GSX2/SODE jetway

OR

2) The gate has a SODE jetway, but is not docked

OR

3) The parking is in the open, but due to a wrong airplane configuration (usually a failure to set doors properly on an unsupported airplane), the Passenger Bus is not coming.

msurtees

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:24:11 pm »
Thank you.

I'm an idiot:  when I edited the .ini I didn't save.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks...Michael