Author Topic: Jetways at NZWN  (Read 1986 times)

brucewtb

Jetways at NZWN
« on: November 16, 2018, 08:20:35 am »
Since installing GSX level 2 jetways at this ORBX airport don't align with the PMDG NGX 737  L forward door - the jetways move but once in position are too high for the aircraft door.  They did align correctly with version 1.  How do you fix this?  Thanks.

Bruceb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways at NZWN
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 01:37:41 pm »
You said OrbX airport. GSX replaces jetways automatically ONLY in default airports so, it's not possible that it would affect jetways on a 3rd party airport.

On a 3rd party airport, you must go through a very specific procedure to replace jetways, by first excluding the ones that come with the scenery, and then add the GSX ones at each gate. If you haven't done anything like that, which doesn't seem so from your post, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX Level 2, which doesn't touch jetways on 3rd party airports.

brucewtb

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 02:15:33 am »
Well in that case I am puzzled as on the side of the jetways there is this ad "use the jetway parking editor to change logo" kinda suggests these are GSX jetways. With GSX 1 the jetways at NZWN all worked as expected.  Post GSX 2 they don't and I now see the problem  - all the jetways are suspended some distance above the tarmac.  There are no other elevation issues at this airport which I understand it to be default but part of the ORBX NZNI scenery.  However if I disable the ORBX scenery so that the  sim and GSX now load the default AFCAD I get the same result - suspended jetways.  Now I can almost fix this by disabling the FTX elevation adjustment bgl for NZWN but then I get other elevation issues at NZWN which was the reason for the elevation adjustment in the first place.  As I said no issues pre GSX 2 but post GSX 2 I have these hassles.  Thank you for your patience.

Bruceb

brucewtb

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 06:31:01 am »
OK issue resolved.  Had to insert a custom airport elevation in the customize airport positions dialogue box.  Quite neat as you can do this with the sim running and adjust the Jetway elevations quite precisely.  Thank you again for your patience.

Bruceb