Author Topic: No sounds  (Read 2589 times)

Aang72

No sounds
« on: November 13, 2018, 02:00:31 am »
So I just installed the update that was told it was available today and in the first full load after the update, there are no sounds.  No trucks, fuel, catering or boarding.

I have checked the audio setting in the GSX settings menu and everything there is lined up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No sounds
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:46:47 pm »
Try to restart Couatl, sometimes it's possible the OpenAL audio device doesn't respond to initialization.

Aang72

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »
Sadly That the very first thing I tried.  So, Randomly when the Cache failed to build at Shannon and i restarted it then, it started working again.  This is after 3 previous flights where the sound wasn't working, but everything else was.

The  airports where it didn't come back after restarting Coustal was LGA (stock), London City (Stock), Frankfurt (Stock).  If it fails again I will document the steps via a screen recording and provide a video.

Update: So the notifications, like when to open doors and such now beeps, but the actual noise of the boarding and trucks are not working
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:58:34 pm by Aang72 »

Aang72

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »
Ok,

So an update on this, is that after several attempts to get it working again, the ding that we get when the Jetway is ready no longer dings as well.

Unfortunately my recording software isn't playing nice with FSX so I can't upload it.  But this is not just located to Shannon, but LGA, SFO and PHNL (which is part of the FSDT airport)

Hoping that I am still over looking something

Aang72

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 05:13:10 pm »
I got it fixed.

This is what I did: after uninstalling the driver for my headset and reinstalling it didn't initially work.  I then reran the update installer for FSDT, and noticed in the audio menu that the source was changed to optical output, which was different than what I had before (I had the USB Audio Headset before)  Then I all I did after that was to change audio output back to the USB Audio Headset and now it appears to be working.

I apologize since it seemed to have been caused by my headset driver being an issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 04:11:48 pm »
I apologize since it seemed to have been caused by my headset driver being an issue.

That's for sure. We don't have any control on the audio directly, we only use what the system reports to be working (or not), which depends if ( and how well ) the audio driver supports OpenAL.