Author Topic: Jetway customization exclude problem  (Read 1665 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
Jetway customization exclude problem
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:58:06 pm »
I have been using the Jetway customization feature on GSX2 to add moving jetways to airport scenery that has only static jetways, all with with success. However, what I can't understand is why does the exclude feature not work as specified? I have tried using 1 m up to 10 m for the exclude zone and it just does not remove the static jetway.

What I have been doing to get around this problem is manually setting the *jetway.BGL  to "OFF"; but this means I have to now add moving jetways to all the gates at the airport.

I sure would like someone to explain to me why this might be happening.

Thanks very much.
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway customization exclude problem
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:37:42 pm »
What I have been doing to get around this problem is manually setting the *jetway.BGL  to "OFF"; but this means I have to now add moving jetways to all the gates at the airport.

If the jetways can be removed this way and only the jetways are being excluded, it means they were modeled separately from the terminal, but their reference point wasn't in the center of the jetway object itself, which should be the normal practice.

In this case, then yes, you must replace all of them, because setting a too large exclude radius will end up excluding things you don't want to.

Of course, I assume you use the product in the correct way: so exit from the sim after you set the exclusions, and use the GSX Control Panel to compile the XML into an Exclude .BGL.

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
Re: Jetway customization exclude problem
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 11:32:08 pm »
Of course, I assume you use the product in the correct way: so exit from the sim after you set the exclusions, and use the GSX Control Panel to compile the XML into an Exclude .BGL.

Yes I did, thanks for the reply. I continue this method when needed.

Regards,
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738