Author Topic: Follow Me goes AWOL  (Read 1568 times)

revporl

Follow Me goes AWOL
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:47:03 pm »
Hi,

I've recently bought GSX,

I've got P3D V4.3 and I'm running UTLive (set to 30% as per guidance on here) and weather via Active Sky Evolution. Currently running GSX with these and the default ATC as the progressive taxi makes my issue easier to diagnose, but I'll move back to Radar Contact once this issue is sorted.

All elements of GSX seem to work fine apart from the Follow Me vehicles.

When I land I request a specific parking spot from GSX and once I know which are free, and from ATC too

I put progressive taxi on so I can see the route to the spot, although if Follow Me vehicle deviates from progressive tax route, I will follow the vehicle.

I can see that the spot is free and that the GSX marshall is in place.

So far so good... the FM vehicle arrives and takes me about one third of the way to the parking spot/ramp (or runway, same thing happens either way around), before turning 180 degree and accelerating off in the opposite direction and then vanishing. Somtimes it will go completely haywire in open spaces, accelerating around an empty area changing direction at random, completely away from the route to the spot, before going off in random direction and vanishing.

It does this every time, at EGPE, EGPH and EGCC which are the only airports I've tried it with so far. It didn't do this on the demo with the demo airports, it worked perfectly (which is why I eagerly bought it)

I continue to the spot and the marshall works fine, as does the loading and refuelling and everything else apart from Follow Me,

What could be causing this? Are there some settings I could adjust to make the FM Vehicle take me all the way to ramp or runway? Is this bit of GSX broken in some way with some update?

Thanks,
Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow Me goes AWOL
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:55:34 pm »
So far so good... the FM vehicle arrives and takes me about one third of the way to the parking spot/ramp (or runway, same thing happens either way around), before turning 180 degree and accelerating off in the opposite direction and then vanishing. Somtimes it will go completely haywire in open spaces, accelerating around an empty area changing direction at random, completely away from the route to the spot, before going off in random direction and vanishing.

This has been discussed and answered so many times on the forum. If you end up too close to the follow me car, it will try to turn around your airplane to prevent being crushed. Just follow it from a slightly bigger distance, and it will always work.

revporl

Re: Follow Me goes AWOL
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »
Brilliant thanks. I did search but couldn't find anything on it. It needs to be mentioned in the manual really, I could see how it could confuse a lot of people as it obviously has (including me!) .

Right, will try it at a longer distance.