Author Topic: New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet  (Read 12457 times)

gvert

Re: New Fuel Truck position not aligned with fuel inlet
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 12:37:24 pm »
Dear virtuali,

if you already change the approach of the tanker, you should look at the whole thing optically.
It makes no sense to leave the baggage loader in the standard position - distance to the plane - as the tanker often "drives through". an optical mess.

It also makes no sense to let the catering vehicles drive along with the tanker at the same time. On the one hand, the tanker has to take an unnatural path - bend off - on the approach, and on the other hand, the 2nd catering vehicle gets in the way when leaving.

I think your previous solutions were better, either the tanker or the catering vehicles, but not at the same time, but in a row.

You can of course argue that this would take too much time. But you can easily handle that.

The easiest way would be to set a specific process.
If the catering is requested, GSX2 only needs to allow a simultaneous boarding of the cabin crew. In order to do this, the time between boarding the cabin crew and boarding the passengers would have to be extended, just in case the catering request is made before the boarding. Additionally provided with the "if" function, allow
the boarding of the passengers only after completion of the catering and closing the right doors.

This would also make the separation of cabin crew boarding from the boarding of passengers superfluous.

In addition, an option "one-click service" would be nice. Refuel - catering and boarding, with a click triggered and processed step by step.

And especially it doesn't make sense at all, that the fuel truck automatically arrives and refules the plane after landing, before the baggage gets deboarded. That happens to me nearly all the time in the FSlabs A320/319 when I choose the gate in advance.

Also why do the Belt-/High-Loader leave the airplane, even if I don't request refueling?

I would like to add that I am not using GSX Level 2, just standard GSX with all current updates.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 02:08:27 pm »
I'd just like to know why in the world did the fuel truck behavior need to be changed? It was perfectly fine the way it was before this update. Now it's a disaster.

For the obvious reason this one IS a more realistic position:

It didn't run into anything

It WILL, now that you can choose many services at time.

, the hose was nicely lined up to the fuel cap...

You are confusing this issue, which IS a bug that we'll obviously fix, with the change in position, which instead is correct.

please put the fuel truck back the way it was, this is really aggravating. sorry to be so blunt, but this just sucks the way it is now.

No, since THIS is NOT a bug, so there's nothing to be "fixed"

mike4370

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 08:09:44 pm »
I never said it was a bug. I never even used the word "bug" in my entire post. Seeing that you quoted everything I said, I would think you already knew that I never said anything was a "bug"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:33:45 pm by virtuali »

AirbusA330

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 10:19:49 pm »
I'm not sure whether I'm understanding you correctly virtuali. Do you mean it is more realistic if the tanker is parked with the front pointing in the opposite direction of the plane? I that would be the case, in case of a fire the tanker would have to flee onto the apron, where no roads can be found on most aiports, but taxiing aircraft instead.

Artox67

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 09:16:00 am »
I'm not sure whether I'm understanding you correctly virtuali. Do you mean it is more realistic if the tanker is parked with the front pointing in the opposite direction of the plane? I that would be the case, in case of a fire the tanker would have to flee onto the apron, where no roads can be found on most aiports, but taxiing aircraft instead.

I've to jump in here quickly. Umberto is right with the direction of the fuel truck.

If you spot on any airport you'll see that the truck is always positioned in the opposite  direction of the aircraft.

The only part here not working is the relative position to the wing. This should be fixed.

AirbusA330

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 04:12:34 pm »
Then that's a country specific or airport specific thing. On all - really all - airports I know the truck is positioned in the direction of the aircraft. I've never seen a fuel truck positioned in the opposite direction of the aircraft in reality nor on any picture.

Eisbahn

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 11:20:23 am »
There are plenty of examples on the Internet:

Artox67

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 03:56:10 pm »
There are plenty of examples on the Internet:

Exactly what I said. Thx :-D

AirbusA330

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 05:03:13 pm »
Good point, I didn't knew that. Then the best option would be to make it customizable

Eisbahn

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 11:40:10 am »
Good point, I didn't knew that. Then the best option would be to make it customizable

You people who want to make everything customizable just to meet their own ideas.  At the finish no one will want to use the programme because it will take hours to
customize before you can start flying. Which is actually the reason for the sim.

AirbusA330

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 10:36:56 pm »

You people who want to make everything customizable just to meet their own ideas. 

It has nothing to do with "own ideas". That what I described can be seen at a lot of airports at least in europe. You don't have to use the customization fuctions if it's not that important for you. There's always a default you can stay with.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:35 pm »
I never said it was a bug. I never even used the word "bug" in my entire post. Seeing that you quoted everything I said, I would think you already knew that I never said anything was a "bug"

Well, you said it was a "disaster". That sounds even worse than "bug".

YES, YES. We ARE fixing the attach position of the fuel cables. In fact, we already fixed it in our internal version, which should be posted as soon we finish with a couple of other new features.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 02:14:05 pm »
Thanks for fixing this, I look forward to the update!

mike4370

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2018, 12:06:45 pm »

Well, you said it was a "disaster". That sounds even worse than "bug".

YES, YES. We ARE fixing the attach position of the fuel cables. In fact, we already fixed it in our internal version, which should be posted as soon we finish with a couple of other new features.
Well, it was a disaster comparing it to how it was before, it worked beautifully before. The fuel truck is running into other ground equipment as it approaches the airplane, sometimes it's driving all the way to the other side of the airplane and then driving through it to get back to the other side, the fuel cables aren't lining up at all (I know you're fixing this and I've tried to fix it myself through the airplane editor but it didn't work)

cristianrp

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2018, 09:33:49 am »
After latest GSX update, with fuel tank truck facing backward, the fueling hoses are behind the trailing edge... and can no longer easily see the fuel meter :o :o :o :o :'(