Author Topic: Carrier Landings...help with AOA over the deck?  (Read 17147 times)

micro

Re: Carrier Landings...help with AOA over the deck?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 02:58:44 pm »
James, I'm curious: what are those red lines in your screenshots?

JamesChams

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 08:01:46 pm »
...I'm curious: what are those red lines in your screenshots?
Mr. microbrewst,
Those lines are guide markers from the tool that I use to visually display the co-ordinates (aircraft.cfg) for objects like the Tailhook and Pivot Lug/launch bar (and many others) on the aircraft model.  As you can see from those screenshots, sometimes developers, ignore or misplace them between the actual locations of the models positions for those objects and the aircraft.cfg file information that FSX relies on to make those features function correctly.

Hope that answers your questions.  :)  
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

micro

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 03:06:36 am »
Very Nice! Where were you able to find that tool? I'd love to be able to use it.

tazzharm

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 04:48:28 am »
Hello
if I may ask ESzczesniak a question please...the screenshots you posted ( very nice by the way), are they from fsx or fs9?
reason is any aircraft carrier I've seen has no other aircraft on them excecp the one docked outside sandiego...i beleive..
it's been awhile since I have worked with the f-18 and carriers since I went back to basics and single props to learn to fly .
so has there been an update carrier package?
thanks in advance.
tazzharm.

JamesChams

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 05:38:47 am »
Mr. microbrewst,
The application is called ShowMarkers; all it does is visually indicate to you in FSX where the co-ordinates of objects are and you will need to figure out how to modify the Aircraft.cfg file's settings to make correct modifications.  Also, can't remember where I downloaded it as it was some years ago.  But Google it and you might find something; if not let me know and I'll zip and post it here (if the author does not object).

Good Luck!  :)

=======================================================

Mr. tazzharm,
...so has there been an update carrier package?
Yes; Here: Javier Fernandez's Nimitz carrier released.  It also utilizes AICarriers r2r utility so you'll need to download that as well if you don't already have it.

Enjoy!  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:40:22 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

micro

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 01:35:28 pm »
Could not find it. Could you zip it please? I would be very grateful.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 07:18:26 pm »
Hello
if I may ask ESzczesniak a question please...the screenshots you posted ( very nice by the way), are they from fsx or fs9?
reason is any aircraft carrier I've seen has no other aircraft on them excecp the one docked outside sandiego...i beleive..
it's been awhile since I have worked with the f-18 and carriers since I went back to basics and single props to learn to fly .
so has there been an update carrier package?
thanks in advance.
tazzharm.

Their FSX.  This new Nimitz Carrier package and Dino's new F-14D that everyone has been talking about are all FSX only.  The Alphasim Enterpirse for FS9/FSX does have some options with aircraft on the deck too, although they're not the prettiest things.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 02:05:18 am »
@microbrewst

You'll find the program here on Lamont Clark's website, microbrewst. You'll find the link towards the bottom of the page; the link is titled "little application".

http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.php?Adapting%20FSX%20aircrafts%20to%20acceleration%20carriers

As you'll see if you visit his site, Paris-based Lamont (better known on Developer websites such as FSDeveloper.com under his handle, lc0277) was responsible for programmimg several freeware utilities for the simming community, including the now well known aicarriers programs. He has lately done little though because of, as he says himself on his homepage, his disillusionment with a section of the community's attitudes to freeware programmers and modellers. It's a shame, he was a talented programmer.

I wrote to him once and and asked if would contemplate doing something similar in concept to his aicarriers, but instead to be able to call up a refuelling tanker in mid-air. I didn't hear back so he maybe isn't doing anything at all anymore in the sim world.  Nevertheless, I personally use and happily extol the virtues of his "autothumbnail" program, his "aicarriers" (a "must have" addon, in my book), his "showmarkers" utility (that James uses), and his great little undocumented tip on "Displaying Airport Names" (check it out).

- Voodoo
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:50:40 pm by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

micro

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 02:26:53 pm »
Thanks Voodoo.