Author Topic: New Install and problem **SOLVED**  (Read 4208 times)

JLWJR

New Install and problem **SOLVED**
« on: October 25, 2018, 08:52:29 pm »
Hello,
I'm not the most experienced when it comes to FSX installations.  Most often I encounter few problems.  However I'm having difficulty getting the GSX to work at all.  Once FSX loads, it promptly stops and gives this message:
The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted.
Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from
http://ww.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager

I downloaded the latest addon-manager and I still receive the same results.
I have also entered the directory/folder into our anti-virus software to exclude it from its search.
I've also attached the notepad file the error generated.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:47:08 am by virtuali »
FSX-SE
Intel I5 3450 3.1 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
EVGA GTX 770

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Install and problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 11:02:18 am »
You must have ignored a Live Update message, which said that, in order to use the last Update, you must install the updated GSX FULL installer.

You probably didn't do this, and installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead, which allowed to circumvent the message about GSX Level 2 being required so, the error is caused by having the latest software, without all the new replacement jetways that comes with it.

So, as the original message you saw when trying to update, the problem will be fixed by installing the latest GSX Full Installer. We'll add the same warning in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since it might not be obvious.

JLWJR

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 03:57:09 am »
Perhaps I'm totally misunderstanding something here.
I never saw any message of a "Live Update Message" to ignore.
The only reason I installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager was from one of the error messages given.
So..
I reattempted to reinstall just the GSX addon only.
I'm getting the same results.
If I don't have the latest installer from the recent purchase on 10/23/2018, then how could I possibly obtain it?
The error message is slightly different because I had the sim start in a different location.

couatl v3.2 (build 4050)
panic log started on Tue Oct 30 21:39:19 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KNQA', 'User Pos': (35.3472635147883, -89.87423968506769, 100.573 m, 3.03671 m, 145.0000157095962)}

I'ts been a week now that I've paid for this addon and it just will not work.
I have no idea how to make it work.
If I can't simply install it and have it work or at least give me some indication of what needs to be done to make this work, it is no good to me.
I'm just looking for some type of solution short of uninstalling everything and starting over again.
FSX-SE
Intel I5 3450 3.1 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
EVGA GTX 770

ralfk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 12:35:25 pm »
Hello,
I have the same problem with other Airports
I have the same couatl Version

couatl v3.2 (build 4050)
panic log started on Tue Oct 30 21:39:19 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'EDDF', 'User Pos':usw.

I have attached two screenshot.
Can you help me please.
Thank you very much.
Greating Ralf

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 02:03:15 pm »
You must have ignored a Live Update message, which said that, in order to use the last Update, you must install the updated GSX FULL installer.

You probably didn't do this, and installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead, which allowed to circumvent the message about GSX Level 2 being required so, the error is caused by having the latest software, without all the new replacement jetways that comes with it.

So, as the original message you saw when trying to update, the problem will be fixed by installing the latest GSX Full Installer. We'll add the same warning in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since it might not be obvious.

JLWJR

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 03:33:19 pm »
Okay,
Obviously we are having a major miscommunication going on here.

"You must have ignored a Live Update message, which said that, in order to use the last Update, you must install the updated GSX FULL installer.
Since the sim never give me a chance to do anything before the engine crashes I never receive any message like this.

The simulation pauses just as it starts, then I receive the message the Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error.
If I have FSX start at an airport without jetways the simulation will not pause and I can access the "Add-ons" drop-down menu.  From there I can access the Check Live Update and run it.
While the update is going very fast, I noticed the message "Matches remote file, skipping update"
After the update has completed I am prompted to restart Couatl.  When I restart it and attempt to access any GSX item other than "Live update" I receive this message:

The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted.  Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager
Do you want to open log to see error details?

Once this happens, it is a continuous loop of the Couatl crashing until I say no to restarting.
Then FSX runs fine without GSX

"So, as the original message you saw when trying to update, the problem will be fixed by installing the latest GSX Full Installer. We'll add the same warning in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since it might not be obvious."

So if you are actually reading my message, you will notice that I have installed the latest GSX Full Installer not once but three times now and I'm still having the same exact issue.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:33:12 pm by JLWJR »
FSX-SE
Intel I5 3450 3.1 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
EVGA GTX 770

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 10:16:26 am »
So if you are actually reading my message, you will notice that I have installed the latest GSX Full Installer not once but three times now and I'm still having the same exact issue.

If you really installed the latest GSX installer (the ones that includes the Level 2 files), then the only explanation left, is your FSX.CFG corrupted, or your FSX:SE registry keys wrong.

Check this thread here, which seems to report the same error:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19460.msg135033.html#msg135033

JLWJR

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 02:15:17 pm »
Okay,
I'm really needing some some type of real solution here.
Over the past couple of weeks I've followed many steps, links, uninstall, disabling anti-virus, re-installs, anti-virus exclusions all to no-avail.
My results are always the exact same.  So there is something that I'm missing here.
Code: [Select]
If you really installed the latest GSX installer (the ones that includes the Level 2 files), then the only explanation left, is your FSX.CFG corrupted, or your FSX:SE registry keys wrong.Of course I've really installed the latest GSX installer unless the one from your website is not the correct one.
As far as the fsx.cfg or fsx:SE registry keys wrong.....
How would I know.  I've viewed the FSX.CFG file and looked at the "SimObjectPaths" and I THINK they are correct.
I've tried the FSX registry utility to ensure the location path of fsx steam.
I'm at a total loss of what to do next.
FSX-SE
Intel I5 3450 3.1 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
EVGA GTX 770

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 04:03:01 pm »
As far as the fsx.cfg or fsx:SE registry keys wrong.....
How would I know.  I've viewed the FSX.CFG file and looked at the "SimObjectPaths" and I THINK they are correct.

Then it's possible the problem is your registry, so the FSX.CFG you are looking at is not the one the sim is using, because the wrong registry keys. See here for some explanation how they are supposed to be:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13924.msg103219.html#msg103219

JLWJR

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 03:46:52 am »
Thank you for all of your help and patience. I finally have it running.  It appears as if the SODE program manager was not working as it should because I had not done a complete uninstall of FSX prior to the SE install and the registry keys were pointing in the incorrect location.  I've learned more about this than I had intended, but hopefully useful.  Thank you again for your assistance.
FSX-SE
Intel I5 3450 3.1 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
EVGA GTX 770

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:47:00 am »
because I had not done a complete uninstall of FSX prior to the SE install and the registry keys were pointing in the incorrect location. 

Exactly. Your FSX:SE was still running assuming FSX was still there, even if it wasn't. If you originally installed FSX:SE when FSX was still active, the proper procedure to get rid of FSX and switch to FSX:SE in "stand-alone" mode, is:

- Uninstall FSX

- Uninstall FSX:SE

- Reinstall FSX:SE

This will reconfigure FSX:SE to run in single mode, which is much better for compatibility, since many addons don't understand the dual mode of operation and some developers, instead of updating their installer to recognize FSX+FSX:SE, suggest to just edit the registry manually and point all the FSX keys to FSX:SE, which will entirely screw up proper addons ( like GSX ), which supports both modes of operations.