Author Topic: Higher Gates for A380  (Read 2219 times)

Artox67

Higher Gates for A380
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:17:17 am »
Hi Umberto,

is it possible to include some higher gates(Jetways) to resolve a A380 e.g. LSZH and EDDF?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Higher Gates for A380
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:07:33 pm »
The special A380 jetway model is already included with GSX L2.

AirbusA330

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 01:54:08 am »
I would also appreciate an even higher model of the ThyssenKrupp Jetways for the A380. The included one does not fit the connection points at the terminal buildings at lots of airports, e.g. LSZH, EDDF, EDDL, WMKK and a lot more.

As a lot of people try to fit the GSX v2 Jetways to existing sceneries, I would appreciate to have more different heights available for the jetways. We already have a lot of different jetways to select from, but only 3 or 4 different heights available. What about including some kind of universal-fitting standard-lenght model of both companies in more different heights for those positions where the included models don't fit. Then you would not have to include 10 height variants of every model, but we would have a solution for the lots of airports where the included jetways don't fit the buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 11:32:17 pm »
What about including some kind of universal-fitting standard-lenght model of both companies in more different heights for those positions where the included models don't fit.

The reason why a jetway cannot be "adjusted" in height has been discussed and answered several times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18161.msg128163.html#msg128163

netherite

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 12:06:31 am »
The reason why a jetway cannot be "adjusted" in height has been discussed

I think that AirbusA330 is trying to say is, could there be a possibility to create NEW jetway models that have varying heights.
So for example we have a list of jetways of 14/24m but at height x meters, and others at y and z meters.

I am no way asking for ability to adjust the height of existing models. I understand the reason regarding static model to moving model causing a jump.