Author Topic: Longer Bridges?  (Read 1832 times)

Hazza

Longer Bridges?
« on: October 25, 2018, 10:18:54 am »
Hi, I'm really enjoying Level 2 but have a couple of queries/requests:

1. Would it be possible to get longer bridges? In ORBX NZCH (and real life!) Gate 29 (Google Earth coordinates - 43°29'12.24" S 172°32'26.00" E) is approx 72 meters long. I'm fairly certain NZCH isn't the only place in the world with bridges over 27 meters.

2. Is it possible to change the behaviour of the Gates to extend directly forward until it is in line with the door, rotate the Gate to face the door and then move in towards the aircraft? This (I think) would be a much more natural manouvre and avoid the Gate scrapping along the fuselage on longer extensions.

Not sure if any of this is possible, and obviously not a deal breaker, but would be good if it is achievable and if it makes sense.
Cheers

Hazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Longer Bridges?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:22:39 am »
1. Would it be possible to get longer bridges? In ORBX NZCH (and real life!) Gate 29 (Google Earth coordinates - 43°29'12.24" S 172°32'26.00" E) is approx 72 meters long. I'm fairly certain NZCH isn't the only place in the world with bridges over 27 meters.

Yes, this is very easy for us to do, we'll keep it in mind.

2. Is it possible to change the behaviour of the Gates to extend directly forward until it is in line with the door, rotate the Gate to face the door and then move in towards the aircraft? This (I think) would be a much more natural manouvre and avoid the Gate scrapping along the fuselage on longer extensions.

That's more a SODE problem to solve, since we give up control of the jetway to SODE the moment it starts to move.

Hazza

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:25:33 am »
Thanks Umberto, I think I'll ask that question over in the SODE forums! :)
Cheers

Hazza

Hazza

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 04:38:18 am »
Thanks very much Umberto for the longer bridges :)
Cheers

Hazza

Macca99

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 03:49:50 am »
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for adding longer bridges  :) Just wondering if you were able to make the 'JWB_JBT_35' bridge with a seperate 'S' (Sloped) version. The 35 metre length is perfect for adding some of the jetways at Darwin (YPDN), but the flat angle is too low to connect with the terminal I have.
Kind regards,
Mackenzie