Author Topic: PROBLEM GSX LEVEL2 VERY LITTLE BUS: many persons  (Read 7217 times)

Donato

PROBLEM GSX LEVEL2 VERY LITTLE BUS: many persons
« on: October 23, 2018, 06:12:30 pm »
I'm flying New York Kennedy - Boston. But in Kennedy airport I have inserted 180 px. But, surprise, a little little bus arrives and so many persons come out of it. There's something that does on work. :-)

Donato

Re: PROBLEM GSX LEVEL2 VERY LITTLE BUS: many persons
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:14:17 pm »
After little bus, here it is a big bus with many persons.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:52:16 pm »
The first bus is for the crew.

Donato

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 12:09:36 pm »
It is not so. A lot of people (thirty or forthy persons) came out of the small bus. This is the anomaly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 02:09:49 pm »
It is not so. A lot of people (thirty or forthy persons) came out of the small bus. This is the anomaly.

Sorry, but that's not possible. The smaller van can only appear if there are less than 5 passengers, and the medium van will only appear if there are between 6 and 17 passengers.

Over 17 passengers, will always call the large bus.

Donato

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 02:20:24 pm »
Today I'll repeat the position in the airport KJFK, and I'll send an image...

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »
Sorry, but that's not possible. The smaller van can only appear if there are less than 5 passengers, and the medium van will only appear if there are between 6 and 17 passengers.

Well, sorry, but you make it sound as if we're lying.... it IS possible, I had this bug on several occasions where dozens of passengers where getting out of a small van (you know, like in the famous clown-joke).
Will provide sceenshots later, looks very funny....

Please acknowledge that there is a bug, take us seriously and look into it, it's been reported by several users by now...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:16:14 pm »
Please acknowledge that there is a bug, take us seriously and look into it, it's been reported by several users by now...

In order for a bug to be aknowledged, it must be supplied with reproduction steps. 

For example, this thread doesn't say anything about how the passenger number was "inserted". It doesn't say anything about the airplane used, it it's supported by GSX, if it has been configured and if it has, how.

Maybe the number of passengers (related to payload) changed for some reason in the exact moment just a second after GSX already decided which bus to use, that's the only thing that comes to my mind but, again, without any sort of details, it looks as if GSX commonly does this, which clearly is not the case.

disco79stu

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 04:37:43 pm »
Maybe the number of passengers (related to payload) changed for some reason in the exact moment just a second after GSX already decided which bus to use, that's the only thing that comes to my mind but, again, without any sort of details, it looks as if GSX commonly does this, which clearly is not the case.

Well, I think something IS messed up when the system allows 40+ passengers to exit the small van, even if something changed on the way (which it didn't in my case).
But I get that it's important for you to be able to reproduce the situation in which it occurs, so maybe this helps:

Note that this error doesn't appear every time, only in some cases - with the same workflow of flight preparation I always use.

1. Loading scenario, FSL A320, cold&dark.
2. Calling Catering (primarily to have stairs at the aircraft in the first place, otherwise how do I get up there, right? ;) )
3. Powering up (APU running).
4. Entering( only) fuel in the INIT page
5. Calling fuel truck
6. Entering passengers/payload via the MCDU options page (not the INIT page). I.e. pax 30/40/40, bags 1200 - 0 - 500 - 0
7. Calling for boarding (catering ist still working, didn't touch the INIT page)
8. Waiting. After catering is finished, Fuel truck arrives. Fuels correctly and leaves. Then Crew bus arrives. Two pilots exit, 4 FA's exit.
9. Crew bus leaves. Small van arrives (aha!)
10. About 90 people exit the small van.
11. Small van leaves. Bus arrives. The rest of the pax exit the bus and board the plane.
12. After "boarding complete" I continue with programming the FMC.

Maybe my procedure is flawed but as I said, sometimes it works (correct busses) sometime it doesn't (small vans).
I never fly the A320 below 50pax.

BR
Stu

disco79stu

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 08:07:48 pm »
Okay, I think I found something!

I tested my procedure in different ways, and noticed, that I only get the mini van when I call for catering before.
I simplified everything, so this is what I did:

* FORGET THE FUEL *

Test-Procedure:

1. Load FSL A320 (cold&dark).

2. Call catering

3. Enter pax & payload (for testing I entered 50/50/50 pax and 1200/0/800/0 of payload)

4. Call for boarding

5. After the catering trucks are gone, crew bus arrives. Crew boards plane.

6. Crew bus leaves and MINI-VAN arrives. A lot of passengers board the plane (see screenshot). The second bus is then correct. Final loading is also correct.

Now here's the thing: When I skip the catering (doing everything else exactly as before), the correct bus arrives!

So maybe it has something to do with the catering???

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:09:36 pm by disco79stu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 09:33:31 pm »
Ok, you are all using the FS Labs A320, it seems.

This airplane is unique in the way it communicates with GSX the passenger numbers. And this feature still have problems, and FS Labs has confirmed they know there are problems in their code, and are working on a fix for their next update.

Do you have the same problem with any other airplane ?

Luxuryceo

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 12:21:10 pm »
Am having the same problem with the Aerosoft A320/A321 Was at LGIR loading a flight for EGAA. And after catering a small mini-van arrives. That is weird.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 10:56:11 am »
Am having the same problem with the Aerosoft A320/A321 Was at LGIR loading a flight for EGAA. And after catering a small mini-van arrives. That is weird.

Same as above. Even the Aerosoft Airbus communicates the number of passengers to GSX and, in order to do that, you must follow the correct procedure, which you should find on Aerosoft forum/support

AAA Dodger

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 03:17:56 am »
Hello , I have the same problem with what ever airliner i use(pmdg,captain sim,Quality Wings). P3dv4.5 lastest update, active sky for p3dv4,ASCA all up to date.FSDT kord v3 up to date, Flightbeam ksfo. Currently PMDG 737ngxu and PMDG 747-400 & 747-8 it happens with both at any airport. Again all software up to date including computer(win 10). For me this happens 70% of the time . Loading procedure: Fuel/catering/passengers/push back. On passenger loading i enter between 120 and 350 depending.   Thank you   ---------                Alan sims

Alan sims

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2021, 12:20:50 pm »
Hello , I have the same problem with what ever airliner i use

Please describe your problem accurately and precisely, clearly indicating the precise, exact procure, the precise, exact airplane you use, and what happens exactly.

Then we can decide if you have the same problem or not because, right now, everybody that posted here used planes that communicate the passenger number to GSX, you don't seem to be in this case so, it doesn't seem to be the "same" problem.