Author Topic: Floating Jetways at KABQ Fsx  (Read 2911 times)

jasonbecker43

Floating Jetways at KABQ Fsx
« on: October 15, 2018, 10:49:23 pm »
Hello,
I have floating jetways at KABQ. I've disabled the AEC in Vector and it fixed it, but then the scenery was all messed up. There were holes in the ground and the landscape was stretched . I went back to Vector and enabled KABQ, now the jetways float and the scenery is normal. UGH! How do I fix this? Thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Floating Jetways at KABQ Fsx
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:59:19 am »
By disabling the airport in the Vectory AEC utility.

The scenery was messed up because some other problem with the scenery mesh, which probably hasn't been correctly preprocessed (like the default mesh is), to smooth out elevation differences in airports with sloped runways.

jasonbecker43

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 11:40:39 pm »
How do I fix this problem then?

Vikelu216

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 01:15:09 am »
this issue happens randomly with me. it worked well when i was at other airports like FAOR, how ever when i landed at DNMM this is what i found...

LM p3d v 4.3

:-[

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 09:43:48 am »
As I've said, if you have OrbX vector, you must disable that airport in the AEC utility.

jasonbecker43

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 01:32:42 am »
If you read my first thread I stated I already did this and it put sink holes in the scenery. So it's either have floating jetways or jacked up scenery. I think this is a bug with GSX2. GSX didn't have this problem. Lets get the software engineers working on this.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 10:14:53 am »
If you read my first thread I stated I already did this and it put sink holes in the scenery.

That's because of the mesh in OrbX Vector that has a problem, which was fixed with the altitude correction, instead of processing the mesh (like default mesh have been) to smooth out the elevation differences of a sloped runway.

So it's either have floating jetways or jacked up scenery. I think this is a bug with GSX2. GSX didn't have this problem. Lets get the software engineers working on this. 

Well, of course GSX didn't had this "bug": there were no jetways to begin with!

The issue is, we already made a fix to support altitude correction files but, we obviously respect the Scenery Library priority but, it seems those files from OrbX are installed at the lowest priority level, so GSX will give priority to the airport.

See this thread here, an user solved it by creating a new altitude correction file himself:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19210.msg134134.html#msg134134