Author Topic: Anyway to get GSX 2 to recognize 3rd party DD KDCA's SODE jetways?  (Read 2756 times)

rcoultas62

Hello Umberto,

I read that this issue has been brought up before a ways back, but I'm a little late to the game, and the solution I read was run Live Update (which I tried, but it didn't get GSX to recognize the KDCA SODE Jetways) I just now purchased DD's KDCA, and I'm only able to get the SODE jetways to animate using their SHIFT-D command.  The only problem with this is GSX then sends out a bus during boarding as it doesn't recognize the jetway. Easily fixed I think by disabling the bus.  However, then I receive the message along the lines of "there will be no visible passengers". 

I tried selecting gate has 1 Jetway in the airport customization screen, but this added a GSX Jetway to the scenery, which i did not want.  Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Anyway to get GSX 2 to recognize 3rd party DD KDCA's SODE jetways?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 09:06:54 am »
It's not clear from your message if your issue is that SODE jetways in 3rd party airports are not recognized by GSX, or they are not recognized at DD KDCA ONLY.

Since you said you ran the Live Update, which surely has fixed an issue with 3rd party airport with SODE jetways, I assume you meant they works elsewhere, but not on that airport.

Since GSX ask SODE the list of jetways from a 3rd party scenery, the only possible explanation for this, is there might be something specific about this scenery, perhaps its usage of a different menu when in SODE (Shift+D instead of TAB+S), might have a connection to the fact SODE is not sending them to GSX, as expected.

rcoultas62

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:14 am »
To clarify: SODE jetways work fine and ARE recognized by GSX in all of my 3rd party airports, which is really only Flightbeam (KSFO, KDEN, KIAD, KMSP, KPHX), and Aerosoft's PANC of course all of my FSDT airports. 

DD's KDCA is the first title I've purchased from them, and the ONLY airport which GSX does not recognize the jetways.  And KDCA is the only airport I own which uses SHIFT+D to animate the SODE jetways. I was just hoping there was a work-a-round seeing as DD's KDCA has been around awhile.  I thank you for your explanation!

rcoultas62

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 04:04:25 pm »
Sorry, I do realize that some of the airports I mentioned above do not use SODE.

downscc

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 11:39:16 pm »
My guess is there is a problem with dzweicki design sceneries because he is the only developer I've run into that hides the sode xml registration and placement information behind a proprietary compact format.  DD is paranoid that someone might copy a SODE jetway I guess, can't speak for him but I've removed most of his stuff from my computer. 

rcoultas62

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 03:22:51 am »
Thanks for the response and information Dan. I appreciate it.

Yeah...after some research, I figured it wasn't going to happen.  I do like DD's KDCA, so I'll live with it.  I can get the jetways to animate with their Shift+D, and I can't see the passengers anyway at KDCA, so that'll have to do.