Author Topic: GSX is not compatible with Commercial Level Simulation products  (Read 2744 times)

semshekhovtsov

GSX is not compatible with Commercial Level Simulation products
« on: October 10, 2018, 06:22:26 am »
It appears, that the GSX is not compatible with the CLS products, CLS Airbus A340-600 in particular. When I'm requesting the GSX for boarding procedures, the command is completely ignored, nothing happens, the GSX vehicles are not shown :((

When requesting bearding procedures:
- engines are OFF (not running, stopped)
- parking brakes are SET
- cargo and passenger doors are open

The default jetway is not functioning. The GSX says: 'this gate has a default jetway', 'jetway operating', 'jetways operation completed' - but the jetway is frozen, nothing happens to it.

The edit jetway GSX tool is completely disabled - I have no idea why it's not functioning as expected - fields are grayed out and locked.

Could you please help to sort this out?

-- Sem
-- Sem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is not compatible with Commercial Level Simulation products
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:45 am »
It appears, that the GSX is not compatible with the CLS products, CLS Airbus A340-600 in particular. When I'm requesting the GSX for boarding procedures, the command is completely ignored, nothing happens, the GSX vehicles are not shown

As indicated in the screenshot you posted, the airplane editor is telling you (with a RED warning), the airplane is NOT configured. Before you can use GSX with any airplane, you must create a configuration for it, if the airplane is not already internally supported by GSX.

The GSX manual explains how to create a configuration for a new airplane, starting at Page 46, the chapter named "Airplane Customization"

semshekhovtsov

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 11:12:42 am »
right, I sorted out hot it's supposed to be configured. There are two major problems right now:

1) when I try to edit doors position withing 3D editor the numpad doesn't work, the objects are not moving, I can't adjust the position. Same problem when I'm trying to customize the default parking position. Nothing is moving, all objects are 'frozen'. Have you experienced reports like that? What is the solution for this problem, how I can diagnose?

2) The jetways tab is always locked out in the GSX Customization tool. It's disabled for all configurations and airports. There is no way to customize jetways, what could be the problem?
-- Sem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:16:49 am »
1) when I try to edit doors position withing 3D editor the numpad doesn't work, the objects are not moving, I can't adjust the position. Same problem when I'm trying to customize the default parking position.

Do you have a 3rd party camera utility ? If yes, you must disable it, otherwise it will take the numpad keys required by the editors.

2) The jetways tab is always locked out in the GSX Customization tool. It's disabled for all configurations and airports. There is no way to customize jetways, what could be the problem?

As explained in the manual, and the video tutorial in this very section, before you can customize jetways on a 3rd party scenery, you MUST create an exclude area.

semshekhovtsov

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 12:08:06 pm »
for the camera movement I'm using EZdoc addon, after disabling it, the numpad is still not functioning.

Do you know if there is a way to change the key mappings for GSX Airplane editor? Probably there is another addon locking the numpad. Some of the functional keys are working, but not completely.

while I'm in the Airplane edit mode why key mapping priority is not used to prevent keys capturing by another addon? Is it possible or not to set key mapping priorities?

-- Sem
-- Sem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 02:25:01 pm »
for the camera movement I'm using EZdoc addon, after disabling it, the numpad is still not functioning.

Have you maybe enabled the option "Pause on Task switch" ? If yes, turn it off.

Do you know if there is a way to change the key mappings for GSX Airplane editor? Probably there is another addon locking the numpad. Some of the functional keys are working, but not completely.

There isn't, because we are not trying to use keys, but the slew events.

while I'm in the Airplane edit mode why key mapping priority is not used to prevent keys capturing by another addon? Is it possible or not to set key mapping priorities?

There's no such thing as a key mapping priority in Simconnect. Any addon can take an event or a key for itself, and it's up to that addon to give it back to the sim (so it could be possibly be used by other addons too, which might be confusing, since you'll see double functions to the same key), or just block it, and use it for itself.