Author Topic: Do I have to install GSX?  (Read 1462 times)

diceflo

Do I have to install GSX?
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:34:10 am »
I know it's a very important program and a lot of people like it, but I don't have any need for it. I don't fly airplanes, I only spot so I don't get the enhancement. If it worked for ai planes then it would be very important to me. I had some elevation problems at KMEM and had to reinstall. When I ran the updater it gave several messages saying that my airports all need GSX to work. I took that to meaning that I had to install GSX or I would loose all my airports. Like I said I really don't want to install GSX. I did install it a while ago but all my default jetways were floating in the air but when I uninstalled GSX everything was fine until this recent KMEM reinstallation. Thanks for your help.

by the way, Is the coutl updater the same as the live updater?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Do I have to install GSX?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:04:25 am »
Many of our airports requires GSX, to create Docking systems, Jetways, etc.

Since all these graphic elements (textures, models ) are shared and use the GSX code to work, you MUST install GSX to use the airport.

I did install it a while ago but all my default jetways were floating in the air but when I uninstalled GSX everything was fine until this recent KMEM reinstallation.

That wasn't caused by GSX, of course, but by OrbX vector, that change the elevation of all airports to conform them to their mesh. It would have been enough to disable the airport in OrbX AEC utility.