Author Topic: Did a feature get removed from GSX 1?  (Read 2432 times)

tasev1

Did a feature get removed from GSX 1?
« on: October 08, 2018, 07:14:47 pm »
I don't think I did anything wrong, but I really hope I did.  When a sequel or DLC to a product gets released, we don't expect features to get REMOVED from our current product that we paid for....we expect updates, additions, and improvements to what was already there.

I am doing my first flight in many months from a default P3D airport, and I am trying to extend the jetway to my aircraft.  Default commands don't work at all, and the GSX command prompts me to buy GSX Level 2.  The only thing I believe I did is activate SODE gates for all default airports.  If disabling this feature will fix it, great.  But that's only part of the issue.  The other part is my addon airports that have SODE.

Why do I feel like I'm being punished for not buying level 2?  This is unfair.

Somebody, please prove me wrong!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Did a feature get removed from GSX 1?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:36:34 am »
Somebody, please prove me wrong!

The GSX manual can do that:

quoting from Page 4:

GSX Level 2 Trial Limitations

On default airports or 3rd-party airports that have Jetways using the default Jetway models, Installing GSX will result in all default jetway models to be replaced. If GSX Level 2 is in Trial, the replaced Jetways will work ONLY at the Trial airports. If you want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the Control Panel to restore them.

quoting from Page 44, which explains the GSX Control Panel utility:

The Jetway Control Panel utility

The Control Panel utility is mainly used for following two reasons:

• Restore default Jetway models, in case you want to go back to them for any reason. This can be done separately, for each of the supported simulators.
• Compile XML Exclude source files into Exclude BGLs.

tasev1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:07:04 pm »
Thanks. I did eventually figure out the the issue, and the program I needed was hidden and not easily found by windows search. Obviously, seeing a purchase prompt changes the perception of the problem to begin with, but the manual I have is the original and says nothing about level 2's relation to the jetways.

However, it seems that I have to manually extend them now unlike before I think (it's been a year since I've down)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »
the program I needed was hidden and not easily found by windows search.

It's icon has been placed on your Desktop by the installer. You cannot get any more in plain sight than that.

the manual I have is the original and says nothing about level 2's relation to the jetways.

If you have installed GSX Level 2 (and you surely have, since your default jetways has been disabled), you surely have the updated manual too. It comes with the installer and it's surely gets installed.

However, it seems that I have to manually extend them now unlike before I think (it's been a year since I've down)

GSX never controlled jetways before, and they never docked automatically (default ones), the new ones just require a different menu.

And a menu is required, instead of the old CTRL+J method, because now you can have multiple jetways possibly docking at all doors so, it wouldn't be possible to call them with a single keystroke.

tasev1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:55:41 pm »
That's assuming I organize my desktop the way you think I do. Problem was solved, and it was clearly on me. I got that and fixed it. Thank you.

But hey, thanks for coming back and busting my balls for nothing....that was so useful... And professional. Wow. How about proving people wrong by being neutral with a customer service orientation. A guy on Facebook helped me faster and without making me feel like an idiot. I'm a smart guy, and even I have silly moments too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:09:38 pm »
That's assuming I organize my desktop the way you think I do

The icon WILL surely gets on the Desktop. We cannot control how it's easily/not easily visible might be, the way you organize your Desktop. Would you find appropriate, and not intrusive, if we tried to make sure you won't miss it, by force-changing the way your Desktop looked like ?

But hey, thanks for coming back and busting my balls for nothing....that was so useful... And professional. Wow. How about proving people wrong by being neutral with a customer service orientation.

You have been provided with the most accurate information, and how you were supposed to look for it.  And, you asked to be proven wrong so, I apologize for doing exactly what you asked for.