Author Topic: GSX ignoring ini file  (Read 2244 times)

p3dx3

GSX ignoring ini file
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:22:54 pm »
Many scenery I have ini files from the scenery developer that is being ignored unless I customize it in the editor. Taxi2Gate KSEA, GSX does not see the custom ini file and changes I make in it. I must edit the airport in the in p3d editor, change settings, and it works now that it places an ini file in my userdata virtuali folder. I ran the auto update before starting so this is a new problem. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX ignoring ini file
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 04:58:20 pm »
That's because the scenery has likely changed the name of the active AFCAD. Each .INI file is associated with the AFCAD it was made with so, if the scenery has a set of alternative AFCADs that can be switched, a separate .INI file must be made for each of them.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:48:14 pm »
That's because the scenery has likely changed the name of the active AFCAD. Each .INI file is associated with the AFCAD it was made with so, if the scenery has a set of alternative AFCADs that can be switched, a separate .INI file must be made for each of them.
It did have a wrong name but I changed it to the right name, changed the parking radius and then restarted gsx and rebuild airport cache. it still does not look at that ini file. When I edited in the menus it put an ini file in my app data virtuali folder and that works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 02:11:19 pm »
It did have a wrong name but I changed it to the right name, changed the parking radius and then restarted gsx and rebuild airport cache.

Sorry, but you must have not noticed you already had another .INI for that airport.

If you change the AFCAD name in the .INI file and it matches what GSX is using, and JUST restart Couatl (cache rebuild is not required), and you are sure that's the only .INI for that airport, is not possible GSX will see anything else.