Author Topic: No animation of passengers and pilots boarding in certain airports  (Read 11513 times)

divinglyc

No animation of passengers and pilots boarding in certain airports
« on: September 27, 2018, 01:47:20 pm »
Hi!
Thanks for the great work of GSX level 2. :D
However, I sometimes find there is no animation of pilots and passengers boarding in some airports, eg. PacSim RCTP.
I have applied the .ini file for the PacSim RCTP and there are SODE jetways.
However, when boarding with stairs, I see no passengers walking.
I see the bus come in, stopped, but no one gets off the bus to board and then the bus drove away..
Could it be something wrong?
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No animation of passengers and pilots boarding in certain airports
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 06:16:16 pm »
The airport doesn't have an affect on passengers on stairs. If there was a problem with the scenery, the bus would probably not arrive (not being able to find a path to the parking) but, if you see the bus, there's no reason you couldn't see passengers ?

However, you said you see jetways: do they work ? If they are static, perhaps your problem is simply that GSX Level 2 is still in Trial.

divinglyc

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »
The airport doesn't have an affect on passengers on stairs. If there was a problem with the scenery, the bus would probably not arrive (not being able to find a path to the parking) but, if you see the bus, there's no reason you couldn't see passengers ?

However, you said you see jetways: do they work ? If they are static, perhaps your problem is simply that GSX Level 2 is still in Trial.

Thanks for replying me. Yes, the jetways work well as SODE. And I do see the bus arriving and the door opened. However, no one got off the bus and the bus drove away later. Pretty strange. Oh, and my GSX level is not trial version, because I have activated it.
Any possible reasons?
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 06:55:18 pm »
Could be the airplane is empty ?

Try to uncheck the "Estimate Passengers number" option in the GSX Settings, and Restart Couatl from the menu. This will allow to confirm/change the passenger number calculated from the payload.

divinglyc

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 10:31:54 am »
Could be the airplane is empty ?

Try to uncheck the "Estimate Passengers number" option in the GSX Settings, and Restart Couatl from the menu. This will allow to confirm/change the passenger number calculated from the payload.

Hi! I have tested. First, the airplane is not empty and I tried other airliners and I got the same result.
Besides, this currently seems only happen in PacSim RCTP because with the same setting of a certain airliner, it is normal in other airports.
What can I do to fix this?
Thanks!

loopy31

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 03:13:00 pm »
hi

hope you all well.

i fly from Oliver tambo airport Johannesburg.

plane i thinK PMDG

have same problem the  the buses arrive for pilots and   passengers   the doors open then close no passagers get out of buses.

is it the positioning of the plane ??

how do i get the passengers to walk from  terminal to plane??

your help will be greatly appreciated as product was pricey for me.

have a good day.

divinglyc

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 10:21:17 am »
Hi! Virtuali,
I have found something. In RCTP, when boarding with stairs, the van drove in, no pilots or passengers get off the van or bus. However, the green bar at the top still showed "pilots boarded" or " passengers boarded".
For me, it only happens in PacSim RCTP.
Any solution? Thanks!

divinglyc

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »
Hi! Virtuali,
I have come to a conclusion of my serial test. I find that this "no animation" issue occurs in all my airports in Taiwan, no matter default or 3rd party airport. However, it's normal in airports other than Taiwan(RC**)
This is so weird. I wonder under what circumstances would this kind of thing happen?
Scenery issue? or What?
Thanks a lot for your kind help!

HJEBS

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 06:14:59 pm »
Something is wrong. Same over here. Everything is normal accept no passengers or crew showing up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 06:24:43 pm »
Something is wrong. Same over here. Everything is normal accept no passengers or crew showing up.

What do you mean with "same over here" ? You too have no passengers ONLY in Taiwan ?

divinglyc

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 10:47:00 am »

What do you mean with "same over here" ? You too have no passengers ONLY in Taiwan ?

Hi! Virtuali,
I think there is some factor that's causing the absence of the animation, not necessarily in Taiwan scenery because I know some people have normal animation in Taiwan scenery, and some people have abnormal animation in other countries. That's why I wonder what the "common factor" might play the role.
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 10:50:01 am »
That means the location is not the issue, which is to be expected.

As I've said, passengers requires a bus and stairs, or a SODE jetway. Of course, the airplane cannot be empty, otherwise GSX might estimate no passengers. Disabling the "Estimate Passenger Number" option might help understanding the issue.

divinglyc

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 11:02:11 am »
That means the location is not the issue, which is to be expected.

As I've said, passengers requires a bus and stairs, or a SODE jetway. Of course, the airplane cannot be empty, otherwise GSX might estimate no passengers. Disabling the "Estimate Passenger Number" option might help understanding the issue.

I have unchecked the "Estimation" and input the number by myself so I am sure there are passengers, but still it occurs.... not quite a big thing, but  I just hope we can figure this out... There are bus, stair coming and the GSX status bar( green bar) said "pilots boarded" and "passengers boarded" as soon as the bus or van arrived and then drive away pretty soon.....

ashun

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 11:18:00 am »
I have similar problem at HAAB airport bus arrives but pilots are walking behind and never reach aircraft. So other crews and passenger sequence does not start.  I am a at aching photo of it
Best wishes
Ash

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 11:21:18 am »
I have similar problem at HAAB airport bus arrives but pilots are walking behind and never reach aircraft. So other crews and passenger sequence does not start.  I am a at aching photo of it

Is this airplane a supported one ? If not, have you made a proper configuration for it ?