Author Topic: Flight attendants disappear between bridge & jetway.  (Read 2825 times)

Pirateinparadise

Flight attendants disappear between bridge & jetway.
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:39:38 pm »
When I board the aircraft, the pilots enter the bridge and then cross into the jetway. I can see them the whole time. When the cabin crew boards, I can see them cross the bridge, but they never reappear in the jetway. The 3 cabincrewX_bridge pictures show the first 3 cabin crew members crossing the bridge, but I never see them reappear in the jetway after they enter the connection point. When passengers board, they are visible the entire time. The problem only occurs with the cabin crew.

Shown is gate 76 @ KBOS. I've observed this at KBWI gate A2, and also at (Taxi2Gate) KMCO gate 42.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:43:48 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flight attendants disappear between bridge & jetway.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:43:12 pm »
You don't say which airplane you use and whether you made a configuration for it.

Since the characters are supposed to walk from the jetway root ( where's the center pylon is ) to the airplane door, the only possibly explanation, is the door on the airplane is not configured, or it's configured wrong.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 11:45:03 pm »
I'm using the default 737. I attached the config file for KBOS.

The pilots and all the passengers are able to walk there (see attached). Are the cabin crew different?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:51:26 pm by Pirateinparadise »

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 11:57:32 pm »
And by the way, I think GSX L2 is fantastic. Nice work.

You "fixed" my favorite airport, T2G's KMCO. They did an amazing job on that airport including beautiful jetways that unfortunately did not adjust vertically to the height of the door. That completely wrecked the whole experience. Now, It's got beautiful jetways that DO adjust to height.  ;D

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:32:06 pm »
Well, it appears that there is something wrong with the either the jetway or crew (most likely, since the pilots and passengers are visible all the time) models or textures that causes the crew not to show through the glass jetways. I accidentally selected a 2 section jetway that was just a little too short, which left a section with no glass when attached to the airplane. I noticed that the crew DO appear in that section, but disappear when they walk behind the glass again. The 1st pic shows the crew member in the "gap", and the 2nd shows where everything but her foot has been hidden by the glass.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 05:35:00 pm by Pirateinparadise »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 11:22:48 pm »
Are you sure they disappear and not, the glass being not transparent enough on that model ?

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 02:20:09 am »
Are you sure they disappear and not, the glass being not transparent enough on that model ?

It all of the cases I've seen, the pilots and the passengers are plainly visible. Whatever it is, it only affects the flight attendants.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 11:02:25 pm »
UPDATE: I'm not sure what is going on, but the crew is back. Did you do a "stealth" update?  ;)

The 1st pic shows them in a 2 tunnel jetway, and they are in a 3 tunnel jetway in the 2nd two.

If the problem shows up again, I'll capture a screenshot of the configuration of that particular parking position and include it's jetway setup.

Thanks for listening.  :)