Author Topic: GSX crashes upon custom pushback from certain stands  (Read 2779 times)

Shepred

GSX crashes upon custom pushback from certain stands
« on: September 22, 2018, 05:06:24 pm »
Hello FSDT / Umberto

I've encountered the following error while trying to create custom pushbacks at FlyTampa's Copenhagen. The following happens from stand A11, A9, A7, B2, B4, B6 & B8 and it only happens when I attempt to push to point Z6.

I'm being presented with the following error:

Code: [Select]
couatl v3.2 (build 4043)
panic log started on Sat Sep 22 17:02:28 2018

problem raised by addon pushBack.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 356, in do
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 324, in makeRegularPath
IndexError: list index out of range
{'Airport': 'EKCH', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate B 2', 'User Pos': (55.62797863007862, 12.644900065492962, 9.63642 m, 4.45542 m, 100.70300879959066)}

See the below image for an illustration of the push I'm trying to create. The above error does not happen when I push to Z1.

To do this I've created a custom node on the AFCAD, which has a latitude of 55.62589114 and a longitude of 12.64026243. See below for an image of the AFCAD.

Do you have any idea why this happens? Let me know if you require the actual files for troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:08:09 pm by Shepred »

Shepred

Re: GSX crashes upon custom pushback from certain stands
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:15:38 pm »
Any chance for some feedback on this?

Thank you in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 12:19:34 am »
Yes, I would need the AFCAD, please.

Shepred

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:12:50 pm »
Yes, I would need the AFCAD, please.

I bump something, and then proceed to not check the topic for two days. My apologies.

The AFCAD is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp1p4q1bxr20d3j/AF2_EKCH_FSX_sw.bgl?dl=0
My GSX profile is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhqrhdtdg9kzfdi/ekch-6nkd4t.ini?dl=0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:53:34 pm »
I had a look at your custom pushback and, the error was caused because the additional node you created in the middle of the taxiway was orphaned.

You could verify this by running the "Tools->Fault" finder in ADE: it will tell you there's an Open Link and an Orphaned Node there.

To fix this, remove your node, then add a new one, but be absolutely sure the taxiway blue line is highlighted when you click on it. If it's not, it will place a node very close, but it won't split the taxiway in two, as it should when you really "insert" a node. To be sure you did it correctly, run the ADE Fault Finder again.

But there's another issue, you didn't had to create a new node to begin with! This sentence at Page 33 of the GSX manual is the key:

The airplane will now be pushed towards one of these two nodes. It will not end up exactly over them, though, but it will be pushed the minimum amount needed to be aligned with the destination taxiway. Think as the two nodes as magnets...

The word "minimum" it's important. It means if you specify a node, the pushback won't try to go *there* but, it will use that information to know which direction you want to go, without any unnecessary travel. As soon the airplane is aligned with the destination taxiway, it will stop there, even if the custom pushback node is far away.

Have a look in the attached screenshot which pushback nodes I chose for your custom pushback, with an indication of were the airplane will end up in both cases. As you can see, it just did the right thing, regardless of the actual position of the nodes.

The coordinates are:

Y1 = 55.62614299 12.64162481
Z6 = 55.62662613 12.63822198

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:38:40 pm by virtuali »

Shepred

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 11:25:54 pm »
Umberto,

First of all thank you very much for being willing to provide such detailed support.

When attempting the solution you suggested, my aircraft ends up on L, facing north. It takes the route M, Y, L:

https://puu.sh/BDB9r/30ee7d12a0.png

However, following your instructions regarding the orphaned waypoint & recreating it, I managed to solve it.

https://puu.sh/BDBGA/1c95400fc2.png

Once again, thank you for your help!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:35:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 11:37:17 pm »
When attempting the solution you suggested, my aircraft ends up on L, facing north. It takes the route M, Y, L:

I did it using the default AFCAD from FlyTampa, don't know if it might be different with yours.

However, following your instructions regarding the orphaned waypoint & recreating it, I managed to solve it.

Yes, mine was just an example trying to let you understand the concept of nodes as "attractors", not really final targets. I'm sure you got it now. The orphaned node was the main problem.