Author Topic: GSX 2 traffic moving through each other and not assigning a gate  (Read 2171 times)

garymccl

GSX 2 traffic moving through each other and not assigning a gate
« on: September 22, 2018, 09:40:33 am »
Hi

This is a fantastic product that really changes P3D for me, but since the upgrade to the 2nd edition, I've started to have a lot of problems with traffic on the ground. For example, while my cargo is being boarded, I get 3 boarding lorries that arrive, passing through each other! That also happens with my aircraft - they often pass under the aircraft, passing through it, as though it doesn't exist.

There is another problem as well, but I don't know what software causes this. One of my favourite airports is Gatwick (EGKK), but whenever I land there it's like they can't assign a gate because the airport is full! It will only let me take-off! This is stupid because I can see plenty of free places. I don't think it's a problem with GSX because it seems to be P3D not letting choose a parking space, and if it did, I think GSX would guide me there. Despite a space which is clearly marked as a gate and empty (but it doesn't recognise it in P3D), is it possible to make  it a gate in GSX?  By the way, this problem makes other airports in the UK unusable by GSX after landing!  EGNT is fine, but not EGKK and generally not EGLL.

Thanks, Gaz

garymccl

Re: GSX 2 traffic moving through each other and not assigning a gate
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 04:22:46 pm »
Hi

I didn't get a response from this, so I thought I would take a video of the main problem with GSX allowing trucks to move through each other, and even my aircraft.
It's only a small video, but there are other videos showing the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ueTJYULe3m7EJLC46 .

I'd really appreciate a response because this is version and I think it has made it look worse than the non-extended version.

Thanks, Gaz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:10:03 pm »
I didn't get a response from this

First, you cannot expect to be ALWAYS replied immediately outside standard business hours. Yes, we usually do it, since it's Sunday and I AM replying to you now but, you shouldn't take it for granted. Do you *always* work over the weekend ?

All our problems at EGKK seem to be related to a wrong ACAD being pick up by GSX, maybe you have a conflicting file. Check the name of the .BGL in use by GSX using the customization page.

The issue of vehicles driving into each other has been discussed and answered so many times on the forum and no, nothing has changed in this version. This post explains everything about that, and some solutions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18261.msg127197.html#msg127197

garymccl

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:35:31 am »
I can't believe you started your reply by having a go at me posting over the weekend. My original post actually gave you a compliment saying that changes P3D for me. If that was bad, then I wouldn't use your fantastic product. And no, I don't work - I am disabled and consider this a hobby that I like to concentrate on.  It would bee good if we stopped arguing like this because, still, I love your product and to me, P3D wouldn't be the same without it.

With regard to you mentioning files like ACAD, I'm not sure (I think it's too technical for me), but I am happy to give you a screenshot of the what is the screen you are refering to I think: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WHPge8pfULhFm4ph9 . The gate that is in that shot is a gate that is not assigned to me by either P3D or GSX.  Is it just a picture of a gate, rather than a 'regestered' gate in P3D?

I'll have a read of that last link you mentioned. Thanks for passing it over.

Gaz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 02:19:35 pm »
There's no reason why GSX won't at least list that parking in the list of parking spots. Do you see it ?