Author Topic: I am lost, please GSX2.5  (Read 3531 times)

rwy23

I am lost, please GSX2.5
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:18:55 am »
Sorry guys, but I am unable to solve this. Searched everywhere, watched every video an I am unable to move move any object when try to customize for anything. How in the earth you move the object? What to press? It says NUM 8 for forward, but sim is not bugging. Week and a half trying and even Google won't help... :( :( :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I am lost, please GSX2.5
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:19:36 am »
Turn off the NumLock key.

rwy23

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:49 am »
Turn off? and than move with 8?

Turned off, pressed 8 and still nothing! what else I have to press? Thanks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:33:04 am by rwy23 »

rwy23

Re: I am lost, please help GSX2.5
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 01:39:48 am »
Turn off? and than move with 8?

Turned off, pressed 8 and still nothing! what else I have to press? Thanks

Trying to move Airplane closer to Jetway. SODE reports that is too far out. NumLock is off and It supposed to moved forward with 8 but not happening.

rwy23

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:02:42 am »

Doesn't work Umberto...Tried everything, Numlock is off but nothing moves.

rwy23

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 06:52:35 pm »

Doesn't work Umberto...Tried everything, Numlock is off but nothing moves.

Anybody has an idea how to get this going? I could see clearly and with the message that sim is in the SLEW mode, but unable to move object with num pad. as a matter a fact, no key respond at all except "F" keys.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 02:55:49 pm »
GSX doesn't try to use or read keys directly. It ask the sim to get whatever you have assigned to the various Slew events and, in fact, you'll find a list of what the Slew events used by GSX while in the editor.

So, check first if you have removed or changed the key assignments in Slew mode and, eventually, reset them to default.

And, of course, be sure another addon is not using those keys already. If it does, you must remove them from that addon.

rwy23

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 03:58:32 pm »
GSX doesn't try to use or read keys directly. It ask the sim to get whatever you have assigned to the various Slew events and, in fact, you'll find a list of what the Slew events used by GSX while in the editor.

So, check first if you have removed or changed the key assignments in Slew mode and, eventually, reset them to default.

And, of course, be sure another addon is not using those keys already. If it does, you must remove them from that addon.
Thank you Umberto,

I tried yesterday exactly what you suggested, now keys are reacting, however I am unable to move objects, I am moving "whole" sim up or down left to right. Basically adjusting the view, but not objects, which I found strange. I never used Slew before, didn't need to, but now since I am trying to adjust GSX to work properly, I am unable to.
Editor clearly displays which object needs to be moved (with F4), but now as I said, I am adjusting the view only, improvement but still not much.
Let me know if you have more ideas or what else is left to do or perhaps I am doing something wrong after restoring key assignments to default.

Thank you