Author Topic: GSX Level 1, no menu  (Read 3222 times)

voodoo101

GSX Level 1, no menu
« on: September 18, 2018, 09:48:18 pm »
GSX was running fine, then I decided to try Level 2. Finding that Level 2 was not for me I uninstalled it, then I found that I had no menu on GSX Level 1. I tried to update but no joy, so I deleted GSX and tried again with a fresh install, still no menu. I updated GSX and still no menu.

GSX, Addon Menu and Couatl come up in the  Addons Menu on P3Dv4, but even when I select show GSX Menu it still does not show.

voodoo101

Re: GSX Level 1, no menu
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:07:45 pm »
Wow, no support but developers can answer questions posted after this.

voodoo101

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 04:03:53 pm »
bump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:28:47 pm »

Really, what's WRONG with you ? You posted this 8:48 PM, which is past every reasonable standard of business hours, and you ALREADY complained about "no support", just 1 HOUR later, 10:07 PM ? This should be saved for posterity, as a witness of how unreasonable some users are.  I think it's not worth staying up all nights supporting people: the only thing it seems to achieve, is to spoil someone, which is now expecting that kind of service to be normal.

To reply to your question, you mistake was assuming that, if you are not interested in Level 2, you had to uninstall GSX. If you uninstall GSX, it will obviously go away.

You are not interested in Level 2 features ? Then just NOT purchase it! The rest of the GSX will continue to work exactly as it was before.

voodoo101

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 10:28:30 pm »
Dear Virtuali,

Firstly thank you for your awful customer support and attitude, it is well known through the flight sim community. Until now I had not really believed it, but obviously it is true.

Secondly, your post is incorrect on the time scale, if you look through the post that was posted inbetween they was answered, so obviously you was doing support during that time, but obviously felt the need to be selective.

Thirdly your support is incorrect. If you took the bother to read the original post instead of trying to flame a paying customer, then you would have realised that GSX level 1 was working fine. I then installed GSX level 2, when I decided to remove level 2 and stick with level one, then I had no menu. I deleted all of GSX level one and downloaded the latest version from the website and re-installed, it still does not have any menu, even though it all shows it the addon menu, is registered and I can restart it, but still no menu.

In answer to your last line "You are not interested in Level 2 features ? Then just NOT purchase it! The rest of the GSX will continue to work exactly as it was before." is obviously incorrect, because if it did I would not have to take my time writing a post in the first place, I would be using P3D with no problem.

I have looked at other posts, all stating no menu and looked at your comments, one stated that as you could not reproduce it then it must not be happening, this is not the case because there are quite a few people stating the same thing.

Now I would be happy if you could just let me know why I have no menu since trying Level 2 and I can go back to flying, if not then you are quite welcome to refund my purchase price and I will wait until FS2Crew release their pushback or move to X-Plane 11 which has a free pushback addon.

Also on a personal note, having worked in customer service for many years, probably more then you have been alive, having attitude with customers when all they want is support is not the way of keeping custom. You may have the monopoly on having a nice ground crew addon, but the flight sim market is growing and new developers are coming all the time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 02:41:32 pm »
Firstly thank you for your awful customer support and attitude, it is well known through the flight sim community. Until now I had not really believed it, but obviously it is true.

You should have checked your attitude first, before complaining about mine.

Secondly, your post is incorrect on the time scale, if you look through the post that was posted inbetween they was answered, so obviously you was doing support during that time, but obviously felt the need to be selective.

My post is clearly correct on the time scale too. YOU posted THIS, which is clearly an unfair complain, just one hour after your first post:

THEN, you "bumped" it with another one the day after, but that's not what I was referring to with your unfair "no support" comment, made 1 hour (late in the evening) after the initial one.

Thirdly your support is incorrect.

My reply was correct, when I said you can still use the existing GSX with all its features, without having to buy Level 2, but still using update installer. That was the only point of it.

I then installed GSX level 2, when I decided to remove level 2 and stick with level one, then I had no menu. I deleted all of GSX level one and downloaded the latest version from the website and re-installed, it still does not have any menu, even though it all shows it the addon menu, is registered and I can restart it, but still no menu.

Which is  why I explained that you didn't had any need to Uninstall Level "JUST" because you were not interested in its features.

In answer to your last line "You are not interested in Level 2 features ? Then just NOT purchase it! The rest of the GSX will continue to work exactly as it was before." is obviously incorrect, because if it did I would not have to take my time writing a post in the first place, I would be using P3D with no problem.

My answer was correct. You are confusing a problem you are having, with my supposedly "incorrect" answer. You are not SUPPOSED to lose the menu, just because you installed GSX Level 2 without purchasing it!

But, since the installer that comes with Level 2 is the CURRENT GSX installer too, it would be best if you didn't uninstalled it, because it makes for us impossible to support it, if you don't have the latest version! It wasn't clear from your message, if you tried to reinstall again with an old GSX installer, or you tried it again with the current one.

Again, Level 2 or not, there's only one GSX installer we support now, and it's the current one. Whether you buy Level 2 or not, it must work, but you should really use the updated installer.

have looked at other posts, all stating no menu and looked at your comments, one stated that as you could not reproduce it then it must not be happening, this is not the case because there are quite a few people stating the same thing.

I never said this cannot happen, but everybody that had this problem, eventually fixed it, and was always by acting on his own system, either by properly configuring the antivirus, or by fixing their own corrupted system libraries, etc.

voodoo101

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:10 pm »
OK, so lets go at it another way. Maybe it is a language problem

GSX purchased a few years ago, all working OK.

Downloaded GSX Level 2 and installed to give it a try, no menu came up after installing level 2.

Tried to restart, still no luck, checked registration, still no luck.

Did not need new features so decided to uninstall and start again. Deleted all entries of GSX in P3D and folders.

Downloaded LATEST version off GSX website.

Reinstalled, still no menu's.

Restarted Couatl, still no menu's.

Deleted registration, still no menu's.

So I have the latest version. It is registered for Level 1. The options of appear in the addon menu. The Ctrl F12 does not bring up the menu. The option in the addon menu does not bring up the menu.

Everything else on P3Dv4 works fine. GSX worked fine before I updated to Level 2, now it does not work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 10:56:38 pm »
Downloaded GSX Level 2 and installed to give it a try, no menu came up after installing level 2.  

Downloaded LATEST version off GSX website.

Are you aware you are referring to exactly the SAME installer ? The one and only GSX installer we have online now, it's the one that includes Level 2 files.

So I have the latest version. It is registered for Level 1. The options of appear in the addon menu. The Ctrl F12 does not bring up the menu. The option in the addon menu does not bring up the menu.

So you DO have all the GSX menus, but they simply don't respond ? Try this (since you cannot open the Setttings menu, we must do it manually ):

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, run the sim and try to use a GSX menu, then exit. Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content.