Author Topic: Raised jetways and marshaller  (Read 3331 times)

canuck21a

Raised jetways and marshaller
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:05:06 am »
Hello,
I recently purchased GSX for P3Dv4.3.
I have used the updater to get the most recent fixes.
Today I made a flight from LOWW to BIKF.
I have ORBX Iceland installed and it has been without issue in the past.
Upon approaching the gates I was presented with what appears to be an anomoly.
The gates are in the air as was the marshaller but the carts were on the ground.
I have attached a jpg of what I was seeing.
Perhaps someone might suggest what might be wrong?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Captain Kevin

canuck21a

Re: Raised jetways and marshaller
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:02:28 pm »
I have reviewed assorted posts regarding elevated jetways and tested several options.

1) Disable AEC BIKF [Not required as it was already disabled]
2) Re-run AEC Auto - No change
3) Remove ORBX Iceland Demo & Re-Run AEC AutoConfig
4) At all times the GSX Customization Tool identified the AFCAD as ..\0501\scenery\APX41090.bgl
5) I checked FSX/P3D versions for this airport in ADE176 and the airport elevation is the same at 170.997 whether or not ORBX is installed on the sim (I have both clean and fully configured sims to compare).

After all this the jetways continue to be elevated at BIKF.

I also tried the editor. I could select the object but there appears no way to change the object's elevation although page 37 of the manual may suggest that this is possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 12:06:43 am »
3) Remove ORBX Iceland Demo & Re-Run AEC AutoConfig

That's the mistake. In ALL posts about OrbX, nobody suggested to run Auto Config. In fact, that's precisely the problem. You must disable the airport MANUALLY.

4) At all times the GSX Customization Tool identified the AFCAD as ..\0501\scenery\APX41090.bgl

That's the problem. The AFCAD is the right one, so GSX correctly read this, but OrbX has installed another AFCAD that changed the elevation only so, it's not an AFCAD which GSX can use (there's nothing there, except the new elevation), hence the altitude error.

By disabling that airport manually in the AEC tool, that elevation correction AFCAD will be removed, so the airport will go back to its official published altitude, which is the one in the original AFCAD that GSX reads.

5) I checked FSX/P3D versions for this airport in ADE176 and the airport elevation is the same at 170.997 whether or not ORBX is installed on the sim (I have both clean and fully configured sims to compare).

That's because ADE, just like GSX, reads the AFCAD for the airport, not the other altitude correction file.

I also tried the editor. I could select the object but there appears no way to change the object's elevation although page 37 of the manual may suggest that this is possible.

The only objects that can be raised/lowered are the parking system (marshaller or docking system). The keys used by the editor while editing a Jetway are at Page 42 and it's not possible to change a jetway height. And, in any case, it wouldn't be the correct way to fix this problem.

sw34669

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:31:43 pm »

I had the same issue at KABQ

One way would be for GSX to include this directory in the scan but only for files > 1KB to get all the free airports; that whilst not best placed by ORBX, is where they have kept them for a long time.

My easy fix, simply move the AFCAD from the vector directory, into an ORBX directory that is scanned, like one of the regions ,if you have it.

I moved my APT_KABQ.bgl from  J:\Prepar3dv4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery
 to  J:\Prepar3dv4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery

To be tidy, create a few scenery area in <simroot>\Addon Scenery\ORBX_AIRPORTS and move the files over

I think when Umberto has a spare minute in the future he may consider adding this directory, but limiting scanning to the larger files.

canuck21a

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 12:02:47 am »
Thanks for the replies and help.
The issue seems to come down to the Iceland Demo itself as I was eventually able to get the jetways on the ground but the work to do so was messy.

This disconnect between ORBX and FSDT GSX is most unfortunate and tends to dampen the excitement at, so far, this airport.
Perhaps it is limited to this earlier Free DEMO region.

I shall muddle through.

vysous

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 12:08:13 am »
Dear Umberto,
would you consider adding an option to change the elevation of the airport manually (say in parking customization menu)? I mean - not the definitive solution, just to keep me flying with GSX2 before the actual fix is found.
I have problem not only with flying SODE jetways, but also with all the boarding personel appearing in the air, then slowly falling (and usually stuck in the minibus, so I have to restart the position). Its a little annoying -  disabling airport elevation fix is not an option.

grimsbee5

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 02:12:00 am »
Well hopefully someone is still having this problem with elevated jetways at BIKF with FTX Iceland Demo.

If so, and resolved, please post the steps to fix it. I have tried all posted suggestions with no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 11:28:24 am »
This thread was from last year, and the option to customize the airport elevation, which will fix the problem of raised jetways when using 3rd party sceneries that changes the default airport elevation, has been added in GSX since several months. It's the button with the airplane icon that reads "Ground Elevation" in the parking customization page.