Author Topic: GSX2 No passengers boarding or deboarding in Jetways  (Read 6510 times)

startrail

GSX2 No passengers boarding or deboarding in Jetways
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:21:29 pm »

I can see passengers using the stairs when no jetway is available  when using jetways I can not see any passengers boarding or deboarding. Furthermore, there are No stairs on the back Pax door. Passengers are using it without stair even though it was was assigned in the aircraft config.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 No passengers boarding or deboarding in Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:59:06 am »
Which jetways ?

startrail

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 08:28:40 am »
P3dv4 default Jetways . Did not execute any changes. I am using Rex HD Worlwide Airports
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:55:29 pm by startrail »

startrail

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:52:03 pm »
It seems I have to use GSX Jetways to have passengers showing. Unfortunately, GSX Jetways are not transparent  and therefore passengers will not show anyway. I still prefer using REX worldwide Jetways and hope GSX will find a way to accommodate.

Still can’t assign a stair to the back pax door for a320.

Pit

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 09:32:05 pm »
It seems I have to use GSX Jetways to have passengers showing. Unfortunately, GSX Jetways are not transparent and therefore passengers will not show anyway. I still prefer using REX worldwide Jetways and hope GSX will find a way to accommodate.

Still can’t assign a stair to the back pax door for a320.

Hi,
don´t know but I surely get transparent taxyways with GSX, and passengers are visible too, also I have back stair for my A319 after customizing the A/C with GSX aircraft editor.... , I am using REX Worldwide Airports HD too. See my screenshot below.

Regards, Pit.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:38:39 pm by Pit »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 12:29:29 pm »
Unfortunately, GSX Jetways are not transparent

The *DEFAULT* replacement jetway is solid, because it was made to be similar in style and dimensions to the default model that was replaced. But there are plenty of transparent jetways in GSX you can choose from, when customizing an airport.

I still prefer using REX worldwide Jetways and hope GSX will find a way to accommodate.

REX worldwide jetways are exactly the same as the default ones, just with replaced textures so, even the one that "looks" like a glass version, it's not really transparent. It's just as solid as the default one so, clearly, there's no way we can let you see passengers through a solid jetway.

startrail

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:46:43 pm »
Hi Pit;

Can you let me know how you can see passengers in the Rex transparent Jetways while GSX as they have indicated in their post (#6) that it is not possible since the glass is also solid. It is an eye Candy.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:13:02 pm by startrail »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 12:50:35 pm »
Can you let me know how you can see passengers in the Rex transparent Jetways

There's no such thing as REX transparent jetway. Their textures looks like glass, but they are solid objects, because REX only replaces textures, not the actual jetway model.

In order for an object to become really transparent, it's not enough to change its textures: it must be remodeled in 3DS Max with the appropriate material settings.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:51:18 pm by virtuali »

startrail

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »

There's no such thing as REX transparent jetway. Their textures looks like glass, but they are solid objects, because REX only replaces textures, not the actual jetway mode.

In order for an object to become really transparent, it's not enough to change its textures: it must be remodeled in 3DS Max with the appropriate material settings.

Thank you. That clarifies .I was addressing Pit as he pointed out he can see passengers.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:17:43 pm by startrail »

Pit

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 12:24:34 am »

There's no such thing as REX transparent jetway. Their textures looks like glass, but they are solid objects, because REX only replaces textures, not the actual jetway mode.

Thank you. That clarifies .I was addressing Pit as he pointed out he can see passengers.

Hi Startrail,
I can see passengers through Jetways because I used the customized Jetway (Thyssen type crystal ) that comes with GSX L2, REX jetways are not transparent ( as Umberto already explained you ). Just follow the tutorial posted on this forum like I did, the video is absolutely easy to understand when it is about to customize the jetways on a default or 3d part airport.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18372.0.html

Hereby a screenshot of my GSX L2 custom settings to get the "transparent" jetway, with this one I can see the passangers walk through . Hope you can get your jetways as you wish then, I did it.  :)

Regards Pit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:31:38 am by Pit »

startrail

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 06:57:14 am »
Hi PIT,

Thank you very much for your kind asssistance And detailed explanation. I do have GSX L2 and will proceed accordingly.

You have been a great help.👍

Best Regards
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:59:05 am by startrail »

Pit

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 12:03:14 pm »
You are welcome Startrail, happy to know I coud help!! :)

trisho0

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »
I have installed the GSX2 in FSX. Loaded the AES La Palma GCLA with PMDG 737-800NGX.
Called GSX and after requesting Boarding I don't see any passengers. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 11:19:57 am »
I have installed the GSX2 in FSX. Loaded the AES La Palma GCLA with PMDG 737-800NGX. Called GSX and after requesting Boarding I don't see any passengers. Any ideas?

Try to fix the ground elevation, by clicking the airplane icon at the top-right of the GSX scenery customization page.