Author Topic: INSTALLING GSX V2  (Read 1637 times)

SCARTER

INSTALLING GSX V2
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:19:17 pm »
When I try to install GSX2, I get a message that says SODE 1.6.2 is out of date and needs to be uninstalled from the control panel (Windows 7) It is listed under Simobjects Display Engine. By trying to uninstall it, a popup message says....... There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.....any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

SCARTER

Re: INSTALLING GSX V2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:25:48 pm »
STEVE here...The original GSX V2 was purchased thru PC AVIATOR..you get a download link from them and go from there with the serial number..then I get this SODE 1.6.2 out of date message (have had problems with PC AVIATOR downloads before)..So I tried this....opened the flight sim PREPAR3D V4..add ons FSDT found GSX2 entered the PC AVIATOR serial number..and got the indication that GSX2 is installed and active..no mention of a SODE 1.6.2 being out of date or not. Won't know if works until I read the manual in the areas of GSX V2. Do you think I fixed this installation problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:21:04 am »
GSX cannot work with SODE 1.6.2, try to download and install 1.6.3 manually:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

SCARTER

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 12:55:35 pm »
When I try to uninstall SODE 1.6.2 or install SODE 1.6.3, I get the same message...."A program for this install to complete can not be run".......Is this a Windows 7 computer problem that can be corrected at a computer repair shop  or something else?