Author Topic: LOADING PASSENGERS CRASHES GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 4551 times)

Wingrider

LOADING PASSENGERS CRASHES GSX **SOLVED**
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:24:33 pm »
Trying to load passengers in Carenado C-208 causes GSX to stop working... I am able to get fuel and Marshall; however when asking to load passengers... GSX just stops working... crew bus shows up about 200 yards from aircraft pushback vehicle is also visible and then nothing... when restarted P3dv4 ... no sign of GSX in sim... just update manager... which says gsx trial version...... it has to be reinstalled... used with PMDG 737 and works wonderful... and ideas?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:13:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LOADING PASSENGERS CRASHES GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:26:40 pm »
Have you installed the latest update ?

Wingrider

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:46 pm »
I installed new version day one... Did not know there was an update already... Ill try that.. Thx.

Wingrider

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:05:50 pm »
reinstalled... works well with PMDG 737... crew bus come up... stops a few hundred feet away just motor running  nothing else happens... locks up GSX... can not even bring up menu...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 08:53:34 am »
Be sure you use the default configuration for the airplane that comes with GSX, maybe you made/downloaded one that is wrong. Use the Reset button in the airplane configuration page, to restore the default configuration that comes with GSX.

pmbsakura37

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:51:22 pm »
I having a similar issue, when the Bus comes to load passengers it gets close then freezes, wheels still turning and GSX does not responded. Then when restarting the simulator I have to reinstall GSX and GSX2, activate s/n.  Only occurs when loading passengers, can do push back and call fuel truck with out issue. I am also using a smaller aircraft, DC-3, with small steps. I saw an issue with small air crafts in the forums and have tried using the update tool, but did not resolve, is there any debugging I can turn on?

Thanks,

Patrick

Wingrider

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 05:16:01 pm »
yes exactly.... tried c208 and Saab 340 same./.. works well with PMDG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 05:24:21 pm »
Are you sure you installed the current Live Update ? We posted a fix to the stairs used by smaller planes, which caused this problem.

pmbsakura37

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 09:01:59 pm »
I just tried a reinstall and re-download of the installer from the site and had the same issue :( Is there a version numbering to check to see if I have the right update? I checked in installed programs and see 2.5.0.5 as my version. I ran the FSDT update icon that installs on the desk top. Any thoughts or things I can check to help see if I have the correct version or if this a new bug?

Much appreciated for your patience.

Patrick

Wingrider

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 09:59:57 pm »
same here used a new update standalone and in sim menu update... neither worked for me... No stairs show up....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:09:05 am by Wingrider »

pmbsakura37

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 03:37:34 am »
I was able to get mine to work!  :) I think there is a bug though, it does not like when the aircraft door is set on the right, I was running a DC-3 with a right side door so I could have the belt loader load on the luggage compartment on the left. I thought I would test it on a C-47 conversion with the larger door on the left side and disable the cargo belt loader, as it goes through the stairs. And the bus came and did not crash GSX.

My conclusion is the little bus freaks out if the passenger door is on the right side of the aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 03:44:12 am »
The problem was caused by airplanes not configured, that didn't had a single door. It's now fixed with the new Live Update.

Wingrider

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 02:55:25 pm »
thanks... no animated passengers but does work now....

Cloudrider

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 03:30:31 pm »
There are a number of people claiming same issue on the forums, me included...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18647.0.html

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18680.0.html

Cheers -

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 03:32:02 pm »
thanks... no animated passengers but does work now....

The update won't let passengers be visible on an unconfigured airplane. It will just stop crashing, but you still have to configure the airplane properly to use it in GSX.