Author Topic: GSX Level 2 - Serious Issues at UK2000 EGKK  (Read 10654 times)

garydpoole

GSX Level 2 - Serious Issues at UK2000 EGKK
« on: September 09, 2018, 06:21:15 pm »
Hello

Downloaded and installed GSX Level 2 yesterday (P3DV4), followed the tutorial video to the letter and got a fully customised and functioning Gate 20 at EGKK using Aerosoft A319 Pro.

However, today I go back to the same Gate 20 at EGKK, only to discover that I no longer have a gate of any description, just a 'stub' where the old one used to be:

When I attempt to operate the air bridge using the GSX menu, nothing happens. Going into the 'Customize airport positions..." menu option shows my custom gate to be there, but if I then press, 'Customize vehicle locations' I get the following:

With the error log containing:

couatl v3.2 (build 4032)
panic log started on Sat Sep  8 17:37:12 2018

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 569, in customizeAirport
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 639, in startParkingEditor
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 894, in activate
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 371, in __init__
AttributeError: 'Jetway' object has no attribute 'staticSimObjectID'
{'Airport': 'EGKK', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 20', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate 20', 'User Pos': (51.1548243412729, -0.16908382473239805, 64.2051 m, 4.46509 m, 347.7000057693428)}

I have updated the Stand-Alone Update Manager and have the latest version of GSX Level 2.

I know that SODE (1.6.3) is functioning correctly as I can toggle the SafeDock system. And I am aware that the GSX gates must not be operated via the SODE menu (which they can't anyway as they do not appear as an option).

Any help much appreciated as I for me, GSX Level 2 is unusable.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 - Serious Issues at UK2000 EGKK
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 06:22:33 pm »
Please post your .INI file for EGKK in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder.

garydpoole

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »
Please post your .INI file for EGKK in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder.

Please see attached ini file.

garydpoole

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 07:25:36 pm »
Ok, I can get the gate to reappear if I first remove the 'existing' one by setting the 'Jetway(s)' option within the 'Customize airports positions' menu to 'No Jetway'. Then exiting, and re-entering 'Customize airports positions' and re-creating a new jetway by setting the 'Jetway(s)' option to 'Parking has 1 jetway'.

Gate now appears and operates correctly. However, if I then exit the sim and re-enter, the gate has disappeared and I'm left with just the 'stub' again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 07:41:38 pm »

I see you only customized a single gate ( 20 ), and you set it with 4 jetways. Are you sure this is correct ? Yes, we can support up to 4 jetways per gate. but I'not sure if such parking ever exist in real life.

In fact, checking on Google maps, it looks like Gate 20 at EGKK has a single jetway.

rdlepage

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 07:52:09 pm »
Having the same problems here at EGKK . Been trying to sort it for the last 2 days to no avail. Glad im not the only one having these problems.

garydpoole

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 08:13:23 pm »

I see you only customized a single gate ( 20 ), and you set it with 4 jetways. Are you sure this is correct ? Yes, we can support up to 4 jetways per gate. but I'not sure if such parking ever exist in real life.

In fact, checking on Google maps, it looks like Gate 20 at EGKK has a single jetway.

I had a look at the ini file and I also noticed the 4 jetways, but I assure you that I have definitely not set 4 jetways ! As I stated above, I have repeated the exercise of creating a jetway and can confirm that only 1 has been set.

I fact, I did think about manually removing the other 3 jetway entries from the ini file and seeing what would happen...?

garydpoole

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 08:15:52 pm »
Having the same problems here at EGKK . Been trying to sort it for the last 2 days to no avail. Glad im not the only one having these problems.

Are my issues then similar to what you're seeing at EGKK ?

garydpoole

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 08:56:07 am »
Any more advice to fix this issue?

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 09:51:01 am »
We cannot alwasy reply in minutes, especially during the night (sometimes, someone has to sleep as well). Your problem will be dealt in due time.

pete_auau

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:49 am »
   yep  have  the  same  issues  as  well  with  uk2000   egkk   as  well   be  reading  the  solutions   

abon

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 11:10:04 am »
We cannot alwasy reply in minutes, especially during the night (sometimes, someone has to sleep as well). Your problem will be dealt in due time.

Hi
I hope this may help as I have the same problem. When returning to the GSX gate as reported before it has vanished. Turning to the customisation page setting appear fine (I have the number of jet ways set at one) If I then switch this to Two jetways, on apply two appear. If I then switch back to one Jetway, one appears which works. On the next reload the gates have vanished. (UK2000 Gatwick extreme gate 11) 

garydpoole

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 06:00:59 pm »

Sorry, Umberto, but unless I 'bump' this problem I can see it it rapidly disappearing into the ether without a resolution...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 07:30:07 pm »
We are releasing an update later today that will fix many editor issues.

abon

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 01:18:02 pm »
We are releasing an update later today that will fix many editor issues.

No change, if anything the inconsistency is worse.  I have tried every way I can think of to get this to work at gate 11 of UK2000 Gatwick. It works then the next time you enter the same position into prepare3d V4 the custom jet-way is no longer there. Sometimes setting up with default setting work sometimes not. I have tried by uninstalling and reinstalling all to no avail. I wonder if the update worked for others with this problem?