Author Topic: Jetway performance issue  (Read 1529 times)

frogs

Jetway performance issue
« on: September 09, 2018, 05:05:19 pm »
Does anyone seem to have performance problems with the jetways in GSX Level 2? Everything works smoothly up until I call for the jetway to dock. My core usage hovers around 40% and the sim (P3D v4.3) is butter smooth however when I call on the jetway to dock, the main thread core usage occasionally spikes to between 90-100% which causes significant stutters, some lasting up to one second. I have no problems with the SODE jetways which came with third party scenery. I also have no problems with sceneries which don’t use GSX’s jetways and which use the stairways. No problems either with the visible passengers.

System specs: i7 4th gen @ 4.8 ghz, gtx 970, 16gb ram, OS and sim on separate ssd’s.

peja1591

Re: Jetway performance issue
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 05:11:34 pm »
Yes i do, same problem here, after i attach to a jetway and fly away from the airport the autogen and textures away from the airport nonlonger load...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway performance issue
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:15:24 pm »
Passengers are *way* more processor intensive than jetways and are more at risk of stuttering, due to the number of commands sent to the sim to play their animation, of multiple characters at time. Which is why we have a Passenger Density slider, since it might be needed.

The only thing fairly "heavy" of jetways, is they have 4K textures so, the first thing to try would be lowering the textures max size to 2K or even 1024 and see if improves things. If it does, you'll know your problem is the video card not keeping up with 4K textures. If you want to keep using 4K textures, lowering the ANTIALIASING quality might help instead.

If, instead, you don't see much change by lowering texture resolution, it means your problem might be related to CPU and, since our jetways are NOT, by ANY means, very much CPU intensive, there's clearly a problem with your setting, and I bet it's related to having changed the AffinityMask setting, and using a value which is not right for your system. If you added AffinityMask tweak, try to remove and go back to default, and see if it makes any difference.