Author Topic: Boarding crew  (Read 4695 times)

Xiropillo

Boarding crew
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:24 am »
Good morning,

I am testing GSX Level2 before paying for license. (I already have GSX base)

I set 168 pax in A320X payload and GSX announces 168 pax for boarding.

Apart from random distribution of pax and cargo that has been already posted, I find some issues.

After crew arrival in a van, another van was coming to the aircraft. I was thinking maybe another part of the crew or a mechanic.

30 pax were coming out from the small van (and heads over the roof). I suppose no more places than 8 or 10, but 30?

After the van 2 regular bus came with the rest of the pax. What happened with the first bus and that small van?

Another question I have and maybe already discussed, why always the bus drive back when leaving? Even GSX vehicles sometimes crash with bag carts or loaders.

Regarding the crew boarding. The crew is supposed to plan final fuel quantity, set data and route in computers or at least to be on board before fuel has finished in case they decide to order some extra. GSX simulates that cockpit will be prepared by a mechanic (engineer) for operating crew before they arrive? Otherwise fuel should be requested during boarding and is not possible. I use to order catering, then fuel and then boarding. And I always assume crew will align IRS, set route and decide fuel before boarding.

It would be nice if an extra option in GSX menu was boarding crew only. So we can simulate preparation of cockpit during other tasks as catering, fuel and then pax boarding.

Thanks very much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding crew
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 05:42:08 pm »
If you are referring to the Aerosoft Airbus, that's an issue that has been discussed so many times, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18185.msg126945.html#msg126945

Xiropillo

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 07:51:20 am »
Sorry I didn’t mention. I was using FSLabs A320.

Regarding crew boarding I just saw a post talking about this. I didn’t see it before sorry.

Regards,

Xiropillo

Artox67

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 07:57:59 am »
The way to load the FSLabs A320 with pax and cargo (fuel) also is a different one.

Go to init page 2 and set ZFW and Fuel. Do NOT touch the payload and fuel in options page if your boarding and refueling is handled by GSX.

Than start refueling and afterwards boarding. All works fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:20 am »
Do NOT touch the payload and fuel in options page if your boarding and refueling is handled by GSX.

Just to be clear:

- Refueling is NEVER handled by GSX with the FS Labs A320/A319.

- Payload is not changed by GSX either with the FS Labs A320/A319. The airplane tells GSX how many passenger will board in total, and GSX tells the airplane when somebody enters the airplane door. The airplane decides what to do with that informatio.

Artox67

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 04:45:53 pm »
Do not misunderstood me. I just mean that the way Xiropillo will set payload and fuel wont work with the FSLabs Airbus. Thats all.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:09:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 06:10:28 pm »
Do not misunderstood me. I just mean that the way Xiropillo will set payload and fuel wont work with the FSLabs Airbus. Thats all.

I know you understood it: I just wanted to make it clear for him and everybody else that might read this thread.

perfectflight

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 06:16:07 pm »
please GSX team the crew bus should be activated manually

that would be more realistic, in reality he does not come with every boarding and deboarding

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 06:16:48 pm »
please GSX team the crew bus should be activated manually

This has been asked and answered so many times already on the forum and yes, we confirmed this will come with an upgrade.

Xiropillo

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 01:37:42 am »
Thanks very much for information. FSlabs also confirmed that they are working in the change of pax or cargo distribution during boarding. Same weight but different CG.

I use Payload page and apart from random distribution that is something with FSLabs, GSX works fine for me in that way. Payload is set to 0 when boarding starts and figures increase until same number of pax than planed are boarded.

Same happens with fuel. I ask for fuel and when truck arrives I set fuel in FSLabs system and GSX simulates loading of fuel to the quantity selected together with aircraft.

So apart from crew boarding, already discussed and asked, random loading that is something expected to be fixed by FSLabs, the only thing I would mention as a bug is the use of a small van instead of a bus for the first 30 passengers arriving to aircraft.

Best regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 08:21:23 am »
So apart from crew boarding, already discussed and asked, random loading that is something expected to be fixed by FSLabs, the only thing I would mention as a bug is the use of a small van instead of a bus for the first 30 passengers arriving to aircraft.

What bug ? GSX has 3 types of bus, a mini-VAN, a Shuttle and a two similar large Buses.

The Mini-Van is used only with 5 or less passenger. The Shuttle (the same as the Crew use) from 5 to 17 and, any number larger than 17, will call the Bus.

Xiropillo

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:43 pm »
I will try to test it again and see if that happens but I counted 30 pax leaving from one van. Don't remember if it was the smaller or the medium but not a bus and many pax for that size.

Apart from that, the passenger heads were over the roof of the van when leaving.