Author Topic: GSX gates 50 feet up in the air  (Read 6952 times)

Midnight Music

GSX gates 50 feet up in the air
« on: September 09, 2018, 04:33:41 am »
In P3D V4.3 I must be doing something wrong, because at a default airport I would like to customize, the default gates are at normal height, but in the GSX config, when I select disable default gates, the replacement GSX gates are sitting about 50 feet above the plane. When I restore the default gates, they return to normal height. Being a default airport there is no addon AFCAD. I'm not quite sure what to do. Any advice will be appreciated.

Lee

Edit - I've been scouring folders in P3d to see if something is interfering with this airport and I find that the cause might be ORBX Vector. For this particular airport (MROC) Vector creates an artificial altitude to have the airport appear correctly. Somehow, GSX reads that artificial elevation rather than the actual ground elevation, therefore the default gates are at ground level and the GSX gates are at the higher altitude. How to solve that one...hmmm...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:56:17 am by Midnight Music »

Raphael

Re: GSX gates 50 feet up in the air
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:19:50 am »
May be that is why i see this:

I was trying to add a jetway to Punta Cana.... it worked(apparently), but then there is a weird layer when i move my "eye-point-of-view".    At the end removed to normal Ctrl+J jetways and kept scenery as originally created...   It is good to have the SODE Jetway, but its bringing some other problems up.... 

Id tell the scenery developers to add SODE Jetways themselves while i fly!  jajaja

Will test more tomorrow...  Happy Flying!  8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:21:30 am by Raphael »

Raphael

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:44:10 am »
Well, i was happy to see the jetway in MDPC B25, but after removing it and reloading MDPC, i see this wall from ground up to the space...

I solvet it by deleting the MDPC file in the Virtuali folder and after restarting i had to move MDPC up in the scenery library... and worked... no more wall.....  Strange...   hope this info is usefull, i bet i just need to practice some more and get the hang of the new program.

jmlucia

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 12:52:24 pm »
Good morning.
I also have errors in the placement level of jetways. In the example there is the Lisbon airport (LPPT) by default. And in this case there is no correction by FTX Vector.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 05:17:33 pm »
Do you have something from OrbX installed ? Does the problem goes away with OrbX disabled ?

Midnight Music

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 06:11:53 pm »
Do you have something from OrbX installed ? Does the problem goes away with OrbX disabled ?

In the case of MROC, disabling Orbx vector removes the problem and the GSX gates appear at ground level. However, the airport looks terrible as vector integrates it into FTX Global and South America LC, so switching off vector is not an option. Too bad, because the terminal and everything else is at the correct level, only the new GSX gates are up high. For now I have just shut off the GSX gates at that airport. Other airports in the area are fine like MRLB, where the GSX gates appear perfectly even with ORBX on.

Lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 06:13:18 pm »
Has GSX loaded the correct AFCAD file at the problematic airport ?

jmlucia

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 06:35:35 pm »
In my case, LPTP, if I deactivate ORBX also the jetways are seen on your site. But as you said earlier that is not the solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 06:37:30 pm »
I'll repeat the question again: has GSX loaded the correct AFCAD file at the problematic airport ?

jmlucia

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 08:16:37 pm »
Excuse my ignorance. How do you know this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 08:19:27 pm »
By opening the GSX parking customization page, the name of the AFCAD is show in the first lines of the window.

jmlucia

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 08:28:11 pm »
Thank you. Yes, if it appears loaded. Now I have to be absent and I will not be able to keep up with your quick answers and questions.

jmlucia

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »
Do you have any news about the adjustment problem of elevation of the jetways?

Midnight Music

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 08:47:58 pm »
The solution is in the AFCAD. See my other post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18625.0.html

Lee

JP320AVA

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 02:48:18 am »
Hi what is the solution for this? I dont know how to edit AFCAD files, I need help please to fix this.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:16:52 am by JP320AVA »