Author Topic: GSX Level 2: No Jetway can Operate at This Position  (Read 16386 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2: No Jetway can Operate at This Position
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 05:55:34 pm »
JBT jetways don't have any bugs, they work very nicely, and I'm going to upload a configuration for CYVR very soon to prove it.

airone

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2019, 01:51:47 pm »
hello umberto! how are you?
i have experienced the same problem twice. both times it was after i have just parked aircraft and shutted it down. gsx told me that "No jetway can operate at this position". but when my position was reset by pressing F7 button that jetway had been attached without any problem. the problem was caused by a little displacement. i have never experienced such problems with GSX level 1 with SODE jetways placed by scenery designers and i think that native SODE jetway attaching mechanism is more flexible compared to yours mechanism implemented by GSX LEVEL 2. your implementation is more strict to the user. and i have one question: have you been tried your own product not like a developer but like a flightsimmer? have you been tried to park your aircraft by yourself and start to handle it or all the time you have been used native flightsim aircraft placing capabilities or your dev tools or something like that?
thank you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 01:55:17 pm by airone »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2019, 03:21:23 pm »
i have never experienced such problems with GSX level 1 with SODE jetways placed by scenery designers and i think that native SODE jetway attaching mechanism is more flexible compared to yours mechanism implemented by GSX LEVEL 2. your implementation is more strict to the user.

There's no difference whatsoever between our jetways and other GSX SODE jetways, and there are no restrictions of any kind compared to other SODE jetways. They ARE SODE jetways and, the moment you activate them, they are no longer controlled by GSX so, they are solved (or not) depending on their position and your own position, by SODE, just like any other SODE jetway.

The only difference between a GSX SODE jetway and a plain SODE jetway, is that GSX creates all the models, and then inform SODE of their existence. And, they have a couple of extra parameters which are not standard in SODE, to make the passengers walk over them more precisely, but they couldn't possibly have any effect on how they solve or not.

have you been tried your own product not like a developer but like a flightsimmer? have you been tried to park your aircraft by yourself and start to handle it or all the time you have been used native flightsim aircraft placing capabilities or your dev tools or something like that ?

Obviously yes, and never saw that message, ever, unless I placed jetways in entirely wrong orientations, or chose models not correct for a parking, or parked the airplane in the wrong position.