Author Topic: GSX Menu not showing (Solved)  (Read 17245 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not showing
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 01:44:48 am »
If you see the Trial airports menu everywhere, it means GSX is not active and still in Trial.

olddogg60

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 12:10:05 am »
    I saw in another thread that we need to have VC++2015 installed.  I tried to do that and as the other poster pointed out, it won't install if a newer version is installed.   I uninstalled VC++2017 and GSX installed VC++2015 (x86).  If I try to reinstall VC++2017 after this, VC++2015 is removed.  Trying to follow my previous steps I haven't been able to GSX to work even in Trial mode which I was able to do that one time.

Bill
Edit:  Even with VC++2015 installed and not VC++2017 GSX didn't work.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 05:13:33 am by olddogg60 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 10:14:10 am »
According to your last report:

I started the sim and the GSX menu would open but it was just showing the Trial airports. 

If GSX shows you the Trial airports list, it means it has started correctly so, you can ignore everything related to VC++ libraries, antivirus, etc. These would prevent GSX from starting, with no GSX menu at all.

Do you see GSX and GSX Level 2 listed as Active in the Addon Manager ?

mickham29

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 01:42:32 pm »
Hi I have the same problem of menu not displaying.I can open the GSX menu from the addon drop down but when I click on the option to show GSX menu nothing happens.I also have the option mapped to a joystick button,still the same.I have restarted coatl on several occasions and ran live update.
Regards M.Hamilton

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2018, 01:50:24 pm »
Do you see the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" when the sim starts ? If not, try the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" option from the Couatl setting menu.

mickham29

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 02:05:58 pm »
Hi again,Yes I get the message every time and have reloaded and rebuilt.I am about to do a restart the sim to see if that cures anything.

mickham29

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 02:16:19 pm »
When I first start the sim I do not get the customise parking position option,I have to run the restart couatl and rebuild option for it to show up.

olddogg60

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2018, 06:46:15 pm »
Do you see the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" when the sim starts ? If not, try the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" option from the Couatl setting menu.

Through all of this I haven't seen "Airport cache loaded successfully", since I updated to GSX Level 2.  I have selected "Restart and rebuild airport cache", no message there either.  Right now I have uninstalled and reinstalled again and GSX, Couatl, and Addon Manager don't appear in the drop down menu at all.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:26 pm »
I have selected "Restart and rebuild airport cache", no message there either.

This means you DID have Couatl working at this time!

Right now I have uninstalled and reinstalled again and GSX, Couatl, and Addon Manager don't appear in the drop down menu at all.

Try reinstalling after a Windows restart.

olddogg60

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 09:15:40 pm »
I have selected "Restart and rebuild airport cache", no message there either.

This means you DID have Couatl working at this time!

I did but when I ran the 'restart and rebuild' nothing changed and there was no message.

Right now I have uninstalled and reinstalled again and GSX, Couatl, and Addon Manager don't appear in the drop down menu at all.

Try reinstalling after a Windows restart.

I tried this.  In the drop down menu in P3D Couatl, Addon Manager and GSX aren't listed. This is how it has been for a few re-installs.   They seemed to install.  No error messages.  Couatl and  FSDream Team GSX version 2.5.0.6 are listed in the Windows installed programs list.  I have also tried installing Addon Manager on its' own.  That didn't help either.

Bill
Edit:  I should add that the FSDT GSX Control and FSDT Live Update icons are on my desktop after the install and FSDT GSX Control shows that the default jetways are disabled by GSX.  So it seems that GSX is installed but nothing for Couatl, Addon Manager and GSX in the P3D drop down Addon Menu tab.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:41:22 am by olddogg60 »

olddogg60

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 05:38:38 pm »
    Is there a way to actually uninstall all of GSX so that I can start over?  There always seems to be something left, like the serial numbers.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 03:06:51 pm »
Is there a way to actually uninstall all of GSX so that I can start over?

If you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", it's almost a clean uninstall.

There always seems to be something left, like the serial numbers.

That's something we NEVER do, not even with the complete uninstall: we don't want have users risking losing their activation, just because they uninstall it. But a Serial Number won't stay in the registry, unless it passed the activation.

It's not possible to end up with a "wrong" Serial number in the registry, unless you place it on purpose, by manually editing the registry.

olddogg60

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 04:42:57 pm »
    Thank you for the reply Umberto.  I didn't think that the serial numbers were a problem themselves but instead an indication of parts of the program remaining, but you have now explained that.  I have uninstalled several time, including removing the Addon Manager and now I see nothing of Addon Manager or GSX in the sim drop down menu.  I will try it all again.

Bill

olddogg60

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 06:46:12 pm »
    I uninstalled GSX, including Addon Manager.  I disabled my AV program and restarted the PC.  I then installed GSX Level 2 and restarted the PC.  I started the sim and then exited and restarted the PC.  I Reloaded P3Dv4.3 and still nothing in the Addon drop down menu for Addon Manager or GSX.  I installed GSX version 2.5.0.6.  Obviously I'm missing something.   :-[

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 07:21:53 pm »
This thread here indicates all known causes for the missing menus:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872