Author Topic: Level 2 In Sim menu dissappears  (Read 6007 times)

ampharoah

Level 2 In Sim menu dissappears
« on: September 08, 2018, 07:35:25 pm »
Hi

I have been using GSX for some time on my Win10 P3Dv4 system.

Purchased Level 2 today.

Installed and activated it. Checked that it was installed and active with the Add-ons>Addon Manager P3D menu drop-down

Call up GSX menu with Ctl+Shft+F12 as usual, no problem. Asked for passenger loading (push-back vehicle appeared as usual). Nothing else happened

When i pressed Ctl+Shft+F12 again i get a green ribbon saying "New traffic Density - Commercial 100 General Aviation 100"  - never seen that before!  No GSX menu.

Now when I drop-down Add-ons>Addom Manager and select GSX Level 2 Expansion, it says product in Trial Mode. Likewise GSX now says product in Trial Mode. Indeed, it now says all my FSDream Team airports are product in Trial Mode!

Please advise.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

GSX is no longer in the Add-ons dropdown list in P3dv4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Level 2 In Sim menu dissappears
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:39:01 pm »
When i pressed Ctl+Shft+F12 again i get a green ribbon saying "New traffic Density - Commercial 100 General Aviation 100"  - never seen that before!  No GSX menu.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, of course. You installed Ultimate Traffic, which uses the CTRL+Shift+F12 key to change its traffic density, that's what that message means.

Whenever you have two addons using the same keys, you must change them in either of them, in order not to have conflicts, otherwise only one of them using the same key will work. So, either change the hotkey in Ultimate Traffic, or change it in GSX.

I don't know if UT allows you to change its hotkeys, but GSX surely can, with the "Key Mapping" option of the Couatl page. Be sure you use something that is not used by anything else.

ampharoah

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:02:59 pm »
Thanks Umberto,

I have disabled Ctl+Shft+F12 in UT and the ribbon is gone.

Still a problem regarding the second part of my support request however.

Since my last posting:

I have shut down my PC, restarted it, re installed Level 2

Loaded a flight in P3D, checked GSX was 'Product Active' and not 'Trial', under the P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager. That's OK.

Called up GSX menu with Ctl+Shft+F12, it appeared no problem. Asked for passenger loading (the push-back vehicle appeared as usual). Nothing else happened

Now once again  Ctl+Shft+F12 does not pull up the menu. P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager is still saying GSX and GSX Level 2 are "Product Active".

No GSX menu appears. None of the GSX dropdown options (Settings, Customise Aircraft etc) respond either

Andrew
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:06:28 pm by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 08:05:58 pm »
Do you still have the Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu on the 2nd try ?

ampharoah

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 08:07:42 pm »
Yes. I still have the Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu, but none of the GSX dropdown options (Settings, Customise Aircraft etc) respond when selected.

So I shut down P3D and re started it. Reloaded the same situation.

Now Couatl and GSX menus are NOT under the "Addons" menu, and the Addon manager is saying that both (all my other FSDT airport sceneries) are again  installed in Trial Mode!

Andrew
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:23:04 pm by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 08:18:48 pm »
Do they work if you Restart Couatl ?

ampharoah

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 08:25:38 pm »
While I was waiting for your reply, I shut down P3D and re started it. Reloaded the same situation.

Now Couatl and GSX menus are NOT under the "Addons" menu, and the Addon manager is saying that both ( and all my other FSDT airport sceneries) are again installed in Trial Mode!

Andrew

I will once again try restarting the PC, re-istalling GSX Level 2 and see if once again Couatl and GSX appear.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 08:30:13 pm »
Now Couatl and GSX menus are NOT under the "Addons" menu, and the Addon manager is saying that both ( and all my other FSDT airport sceneries) are again installed in Trial Mode!

Something is very wrong. The Addon Manager should ALSO tell you Couatl is not running. It is not, or you simply forgot to tell it has displayed an alert about Couatl not running, which is possibly caused by the antivirus ?

Because, if you don't have Couatl/GSX and you haven't see this alert, then you don't have the latest version but, instead, something fairly old!

ampharoah

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 08:50:10 pm »
Never saw a message from the Addon Manager that Couatl is not running.

Do you mean that I have a "very old" version of Couatl?

I once again shut down my PC, restarted it, re installed Level 2

Loaded the same situation in P3D, checked GSX and Couatl were once again in the Add-on drop down and that GSX is 'Product Active' and not 'Trial', under the P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager. That's all again OK.

Again called up GSX menu with Ctl+Shft+F12, it appeared no problem. This time asked for Catering (the push-back vehicle appeared as usual). Catering arrived and left. Called up menu ok and asked for fuel, no problem. Requested Boarding - nothing appeared.

Now once again  Ctl+Shft+F12 does not pull up the menu. P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager is still saying GSX and GSX Level 2 are "Product Active". Restarting Couatl makes no difference.

Looks like the problem occurs when i request boarding only - then everything breaks

As before, I still have the Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu, but none of the GSX dropdown options (Settings, Customise Aircraft etc) respond when selected.

Andrew

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:53:29 pm by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 08:53:05 pm »
Now once again  Ctl+Shft+F12 does not pull up the menu. P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager is still saying GSX and GSX Level 2 are "Product Active". Restarting Couatl makes no difference.

So you DO have the Couatl menu, even after the restart ? I thought you said you lost both Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu of the sim after a restart. THAT'S why I said you might have an old version of the software: the current Addon Manager is *CHECKING* if Couatl is running so, it will surely give you an alert if there's no Couatl anymore.

Note that, it will only tell you after you open/close the Addon Manager menu, which I believe you did, to verify GSX was active.

ampharoah

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 09:00:20 pm »
Sorry were getting confused.

When the problem occurs I have tried two options with different outcomes:

Option 1. I simply close down P3d and restart - thats when Couatl and GSX dissapear from my dropdown and Addon manager changes ALL my FDSD stuff to Trial Mode.

Option 2 I shut down the PC, restart it and re-install Level 2 again. Then when i load the same situation in P3D, GSX and Couatl are once again in the Add-on drop down and GSX ( and all my other FSDT stuff) is 'Product Active' again and not 'Trial', under the P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager. That's all again OK.

Again I can call up GSX menu with Ctl+Shft+F12, it appeared no problem - asked for Catering (the push-back vehicle appeared as usual). Catering arrived and leave. Called up menu again ok and asked for fuel, no problem. Requested Boarding - nothing happens.

Now once again  Ctl+Shft+F12 does not pull up the menu. P3D drop-down Add-ons>Addon Manager is still saying GSX and GSX Level 2 are "Product Active". Restarting Couatl makes no difference.

Looks like this problem occurs when i request 'Boarding' only - only  if I do that everything breaks

As before, I still have the Couatl and GSX menus under the "Addons" menu, but none of the GSX dropdown options (Settings, Customise Aircraft etc) respond when selected.

All i can do to get GSX working again is shut down the PC and re-install Level 2 again.

Andrew
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:05:56 pm by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 09:05:13 pm »
Sorry were getting confused.1. I simply close down P3d and restart - thats when Couatl and GSX dissapear from my dropdown and Addon manager changes ALL my FDSD stuff to Trial Mode.

This might be simple due to you having restarted the sim too quickly, without allowing enough time for all the application from the previous session to close, including Couatl, which is now "stuck" from the previous session. That explains why the Addon Manager didn't said anything: it's only checking if Couatl is running, but it's not able to recognize if it's stuck from the previous session.

Try restarting Windows and try everything again, and be sure Couatl has quit before you restart the sim (you can check the Task Manager)

ampharoah

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 09:11:45 pm »
Just to be clear, you want me to
Shut down the PC
Restart the PC
Reinstall level 2
restart P3D
Break GSX again by selecting Boarding
Shut down P3d
Check Couatl has ended
Restart p3d
Report the outcome.

Please confirm that is what you want me to do?

I will do this, but i can promise that as soon as i select Boarding in GSX, it will once again break. i have done it now many times

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 09:29:58 pm »
First do a Live Update, to be sure you have the last version of everything.

ampharoah

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:53 pm »
Ok I think i have it!

Previously i was trying to board a Carenado PC12 executive Turbo Prop.

I have reinstalled and am now boarding an Aerosoft CRJ with 48 passengers and crew no problem.

Is there an issue with GSX Level 2 if you only want to board 2 or 3 passengers into a light executive turboprop like the PC12 or Exec Jet like the phenom 100?

Perhaps i missed something in the release notes?

Andrew