Author Topic: jetway airline code **SOLVED**  (Read 4938 times)

BillS511

jetway airline code **SOLVED**
« on: September 08, 2018, 07:23:25 pm »
No mention in the manual of what the jetway airline code box does located to the right of the parking/airline codes box. Referring to page 30-32.
I enter AMT and nothing happens. Tool tip says: Enter an airline code to override the default jetway livery for this parking.
Still trying to understand how to how to add additional logos to the logo pull down menu in order to select that logo.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:17:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: jetway airline code
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 08:11:57 pm »
I enter AMT and nothing happens.

You mean AMT as in "ATA Airlines", formerly known as American Trans Air, which closed in 2008 ? GSX never had a livery for such airline so, it's entirely normal nothing would happen if you add this code.

The codes you enter there, must be chosen from an available GSX livery. You can check their actual codes by looking at the couatl.atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG of any GSX objects that comes in multiple liveries, like the FSDT_Baggage_Loader, for example.

BillS511

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 09:40:09 pm »

You mean AMT as in "ATA Airlines", formerly known as American Trans Air, which closed in 2008 ? GSX never had a livery for such airline so, it's entirely normal nothing would happen if you add this code.

Yes, American Trans Air
As you can see in the image below (zoom in) you can see I added ATA to the GSE using the GSX paintkit. I expected that adding ATA to jetways and other airlines e.g. SWA, ASA, AAY etc. that are not included in the logo pull down menu would only require editing the relevant files; sim.cfg, etc.

https://imgur.com/pVHCiF9

In trying to add ATA I'm following the same method as the texture.FSDT folder.

I have added in the FSDT_SODE_jetway_logo folder (Texture.TZ) that contains the GSX_logo_4x1.dds file (that I use for the GSE). And also the texture.cfg file again following the same method from the FSDT texture.cfg file.

My Texture.cfg:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_SODE_JETWAY_LOGO\TEXTURE.TZ
fallback.2=..\texture

So the question is how to add additional logos to the logo pull down menu in order to select that logo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:55:18 pm »
Please be more clear. You only posted your texture.cfg, but haven't said which jetway you are editing, and you haven't show the SIM.CFG for BOTH the static AND the dynamic jetway. In order for a livery to appear, you must customize both versions.

BillS511

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 12:13:16 am »
Please be more clear. You only posted your texture.cfg, but haven't said which jetway you are editing, and you haven't show the SIM.CFG for BOTH the static AND the dynamic jetway. In order for a livery to appear, you must customize both versions.

Success. So far I only edited the sim.cfg. in the FSDT_SODE_jetway_logo folder. Adding TZ and WN for the 10 versions. Going to add a few more airlines then I'm all set.

Thanks Umberto for this great addon.

https://imgur.com/GG6MCXz
https://imgur.com/d60cevn

kennymac825

Re: jetway airline code **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 03:10:08 pm »
" In order for a livery to appear, you must customize both versions."How do you customize both versions? I too am trying to add Southwest Airlines and edited the sim.cfg in the jetway logo folder but I don't know what are the static or dynamic versions. Thanks for any help you can give